Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

hidden tailpipes

Has anybody got a pic of a C with hidden tailpipes and a smoothed over rear bumper..I was considering it after seeing a audi on ed38

i'll get another one day :)

i was reading through some old posts on various forums an i'd been after a TT for a couple of years so getting it out of my system now 8)

done a quick photoshop of my rear..I dont have awesome 9j wheels like yourself but

I'm very much interested now after it..Greeny, it doesn't appear to be much work to fill in the exhaust gap in the bumper, am I right?

hidden.jpg

I missed the tow eye..also the removed badges, very nice imo. I'll keep my eye out for a bumper then

he only did it because there was a badger living in his bumper and he had to hide it! :p

i like it but i dunno if it would work aswell on a dark coloured car tbh?! the red seems to highlight the fact it aint there

he only did it because there was a badger living in his bumper and he had to hide it! :p

yes thats right,an he said the next time you try to bum him he will report you to the RSPCA :tongue:

i'll get another one day :)

i was reading through some old posts on various forums an i'd been after a TT for a couple of years so getting it out of my system now 8)

good lad stick it in the bin!! :clap:

yes thats right,an he said the next time you try to bum him he will report you to the RSPCA :tongue:

LMFAO!!!!

I wanna do this mod (eventually) too, what exhausts could you use, or simply remove the fancy tailpipe bit and fit another small piece to direct air downwards away from the bumper?

yeah i just chopped the old tail pipe of an got the local powerflow to bend me a new piece (which cost me a fiver :) )then got a mate to weld it on for me :)

sounds like fun! but im sure your bending the thruth a lil bit, even tho i never met the badger in your bumper because i never saw your car, i did speak to his brothers, wifes, uncles, mothers, cousins, son in law and he told me some stories about you mr green! woow not to be aired im certain ;) lol

I think shaun_g60 might sell a piece of bumper to you. I bought one piece for mine, so he may still have some other pieces left...

I think shaun_g60 might sell a piece of bumper to you. I bought one piece for mine, so he may still have some other pieces left...

If not I'd be happy to help source a rear bumper with someone to share part of it in return.

If not I'd be happy to help source a rear bumper with someone to share part of it in return.

Did somebody say my name? Yes I still have the bits left.

I got a rear bumper thanks anyway. Now anybody got any info on the process of welding them togeather, I spoke to somebody today and they mentioned plastic welding and it seemed fairly straightforward

heres a pic of the way the guy at the bodyshop did mine

DSC00007.jpg

an heres how i did my front bumper

no update on the job front,interview went well although brown nose number 2 has had a 2nd interview

anyway car update for those who care :?

well after havin a bad experience with a bodyshop,instead of plastic weldin me front bumper it was just filled :?

anyway thats cracked,so after havin no joy tryin to find another bodyshop that would weld up the plate recess,i decided to have a blast myself :D

so armed we my trusty knife,gas solderin iron i got stuck in (well its kinda plastic weldin ) :lol:

pics so far

donor bumper

DSC00071.jpg

tryin for size

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

let the weldin begin

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

after the 1st stage of weldin i made some plastic weldin rods to secure the join :D

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

only about halfway through it,but it feels really strong already,should be sound when i get to usin the special platic bumper filler i bought to finish it off 8)

if any of thats any use to ya lol

hi again, how much did you pay for the plastic welding on the rear bumper, as in labour x time etc? just looking to price this up I deffo want to do it

I got a rear bumper thanks anyway. Now anybody got any info on the process of welding them togeather, I spoke to somebody today and they mentioned plastic welding and it seemed fairly straightforward

hi mate, you can have a DIY idea from here

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74281

I hope it helps ;)

mine was done when i had the car painted,so got an all in price.

my mate had his bumper done the same at a different place an the guy charged him 80quid for the welding an painting 8)