Sign in to follow this  
Matt GTi

How much is VAG com?

How much would it cost for me to get my VR plugged into VAG com, at a VW garage. Just to check for any fault codes that may be there?

i was quoted £75 + vat a cpl of weeks ago.

Two visits there would cost you the same as the software and lead from http://www.ross-tech.com ($199 dollars + shipping)

There is also http://www.vagcom.co.uk but they want £220 for the same thing. I've found ross-tech are better/faster anyway.

Also, it's worth noting a number of us have VAG-COM, so meet-ups wouldn't be out of the question.

Kev

I would buy the software, but I don't have a lap top, and I would need a massively long lead to link it to my PC at home.

Is there anyone in Herts/Beds area that has the software, and could possibly help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Just been reading all the tech info on vagcom on the ross tech web site and for the dosh seems like a right bargain. Can anyone tell me b4 I go looking so that I can order the right connector, where the connection port on a 1993 k 2.0l 16v might be??? In the dash under the bonnet etc….

I don't have a laptop either. I just run a 5 metre serial extension lead out to the car, lock the car with the engine running (with the spare keys) and then do the biz from the comfort of my chair!

Corrado4life, have a look under the gear lever surround and match the port to the relevant lead on Ross-tech's site, but bear in mind 16Vs don't store engine error codes, so you'll only be able to read ABS controller faults, if fitted to your car.

Kev

What's the current exchange rate? 57p to the dollar?

At $199 you're right, it's not that bad...

But I'm still too cheapskate at the moment.. :)

I would buy the software, but I don't have a lap top, and I would need a massively long lead to link it to my PC at home.

Is there anyone in Herts/Beds area that has the software, and could possibly help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Herts/Beds isn't far from me......I am about most weekends.

Kev

That sounds good to me Kev, I'll PM you if that's OK when I can make it, as I am busy till after Xmas at the weekends.

Cheers. You have been really helpfull since I've had my VR mate, answering all my dullard questions.

That sounds good to me Kev, I'll PM you if that's OK when I can make it, as I am busy till after Xmas at the weekends.

Cheers. You have been really helpfull since I've had my VR mate, answering all my dullard questions.

No probs!

K