Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

Boring but simple question about a non-return valve

Non-return valve on a VR, the one in between the inlet pipe and the rocker cover...which direction should the little arrow on the valve point?

I put mine pointing towards my inlet pipe as that's what Bonrath put on the diagram when I fitted my PR, now it looks like oil has been geting through so I'm guessing it's backwards???

Anybody put this embarrising little problem to bed for me?

The valve on the rocker cover isn't actually a non return valve, it's a filter :D But yes, NR valves usually always point in the direction of flow. I.e. crankcase fumes exiting the rocker cover and being sucked into the intake, so you've pointed it in the right direction.

Oil always gets into the intake from the rocker cover. Unavoidable unless you fit a decent catch tank system.

Ok cool, Just running a bit smokey and oil temps are kinda high so I was hoping it was an easy fix, looks like that Mocal is unavoidable then :)

Thanks for yet more advice

Get a thicker oil in there chap. Try Silkolene Pro S 10W/50. The VR6 loves it and reduces consumption

I've religeously used Castrol high milage on my last two C's...seemed like an obvious choice really but I'll give that Silkolene a go on the next change, always up for trying other stuff out