Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

wheels to the 'edge of the arch' best offset?

questions about wheels and suspension...can you tell where my xmas bonus is going? :D

anyway, I'd like to get the wheels sitting nicely in the arches, and IMO to do this they need to be as close to the edge as possible. What's the ideal offset for this? oh and i'm going for 17's.

not sure yet mate, i've been looking at a few different options, i cant decide between BBS look-a-likes, borbet a's (maybe a bit old school) some sort of chunky 5 spoke, or a classic kahn RSR style rim. I think they all suit the car, its just which ones i prefer! I really like the style of the porker cup 3, but its far to expensive to get them on.

at the moment these are very tempting, but the only images i've found of them on a car are on a saxo and they look poop, might look better in a 17"....

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/alloypix/rialgs.jpg

http://www.tyresave.freeserve.co.uk/carpix/rialgsc1.jpg

just had another look and they're 8x17's thats not going to be too wide is it? :?

Hey Chris, the porsche rims are the dogs.. but seems like everyone's getting them, however they looks so good & I no a forum user who's selling a set of 16's 944 rims with adapters if your interested, polished rims, with tyres, adapter kit etc.. let me no & I'll get you the details... :wink:

as for the other rims you've mentioned, Khans are ok, but are to popular with saxo's & novas... really repends on your taste, the way I see it, if you want something, fack what everyone else says, just do it!! :D

the ones in the pics don't really do it for me... :roll:

hhhmm, they do looks cool... think I saw a set a while ago on the PVW site.. otherwise you'll have to keep an eye out on our friend ebay... :lol:

stick a wanted advert up around the sites, you never no what someone may have! :D

i got oz cronos 18 inch, my c is lowered 45mm on avo coilovers, its got 5mm spacers at the mo. the wheels are quite far in the arches, i might get bigger spacers and see if that stops the rubbin!

not sure yet mate, i've been looking at a few different options, i cant decide between BBS look-a-likes, borbet a's (maybe a bit old school) some sort of chunky 5 spoke, or a classic kahn RSR style rim. I think they all suit the car, its just which ones i prefer!

just had another look and they're 8x17's thats not going to be too wide is it? :?

Kahn wheels are well past there sell by date. BBS or Porsche wheels are the way to go.

cheers

Mille miglias porsche cups aren't too expensive, don't think I paid more than £600 including a set of 215/40/17 SP9000's.