Sign in to follow this  
hustler

anyone had there stage4 g60 rollin roaded???

Who did the charger work?

My jabba stage 4, 68mm pulley and chip with stainless exhaust just did 182bhp and 169lbf-ft

Whereas my mate Danger Mouse just has his G-werks set up done, stage 4, 68mm pulley and sns 5.5 (3.5 bar fpr) and he's just back from getting it all set up at star performance. His figs are, 192bhp and 191lbf-ft. Goes to show the difference in the work done. Check the Scottish RR day results thread for more G60 results. HTH

On my original stg4 charger, jabba chip, 68mm pulleyand powerflow exhaust mine produced 202bhp at the crank but that was on jabba's rollers which have been know to be a bit optimistic :D

Until a couple of months ago I had a g werks charger rebuild, sns chip, toothed belt drive system, 3.5 bar fpr, ported and flowed head and it was a hell of alot quicker than it used to be so well over the 200bhp mark

just had my Jabba Stg4,chip n'pulley (+ jetex,de-cat,giro valve,FSE fpr and K&N panel) r-roaded at Austic which is supposed to be pretty genuine figures.........came back with 170bhp but highlighted a cpl of problems being hesitant fueling (may be the fse or jabba chip) and a low peak boost (boost leak I hope), kinda hoping the cam timing may be a tooth out whcih i suspect would instantly provide 10-15 bhp?

Good news is that im off to G-Werks on sunday to get the car checked over so hoping to enjoy the drive back from Littlehampton more than the drive down there!

Just goes to show these G-60's need to be set up properly by people that really know what they are talking about !

Whereas my mate Danger Mouse just has his G-werks set up done, stage 4, 68mm pulley and sns 5.5 (3.5 bar fpr) and he's just back from getting it all set up at star performance. His figs are, 192bhp and 191lbf-ft. Goes to show the difference in the work done. Check the Scottish RR day results thread for more G60 results. HTH

Thats the magic..... Shazzam

Ive got a jabba stg4, 68mm & chip, fmic and isv re-route, 4 branch manifold, powerflow yorst. and it only made 180 at the flywheel, on futher investigation Im lossing boost ie apex seals in the charger are fcuked, (only 15k since its rebuild) :( so Im going to use g-werks from now on....

Me and 2 mates went to a shootout at Well Lane 2 years ago. All stg4 68mm pulley Jabba chip setups. There were slight differences in the spec of the cars, as follows.

Mine, panel filter, front mount intercooler. 157BHP at the crank

Dave, G60 Syncro with aircon and small top mounted I/C, panel filter. 159 at the crank.

Chris, Cone filter and front mount, 163 at the crank.

All 3 cars had non std exhausts.

Good job we never said owt about the mods cos we'd have looked like T***s. We even got battered by a std VR6 Golf.

And the conclusion, tell yer mates in the pub, what you like about the output of your car. Cos at the end of the day it's all cobblers. We all had the best part of a grand spent on our cars and struggled to make factory horsepower, if you believe Well Lanes rollers.

The place to seperate them IMHHHHO is on a track, either 1/4 mile or race.

I know my car goes better than std and there is a 4motion Golf driver somewhere in the Northwest, that'll tell you about the day he couldn't see off this old mk2!! :shock:

Gavin

Intresting! ive heard that the 160 bhp is a bit optimistic and a standard g60 is more like 150! :( so there for stage 4 chip etc should be about the 180-190 mark if set up right :o im doing away with the jabba chip and going for an sns must get to psd soon!!!!!

there are alot more things to take into consideration before thinking that a chip alone will guve these kind of increases in bhp.. these include good compression / a nicley flowed charger / good apex seals / all sensors working correctly / and a nice COLD charge temps... and running oil temps etc etc

RR figures mean.........not much to be honest. Its all about what the car does on the road, the power curve characteristic is actually more important than the peak figure. Also things like, throttle response, gearing, drivers balls come into play. :lol:

Its a good way to gauge the effect of modifications, but as mentioned i'd prefer to have a group thrash to check performance rather than a RR anyday!

OK, time for some facts on BHP... 'cos I'm sick of people talking utter rubbish about BHP... :twisted: (not aimed at anyone just for the sake of saying it! :roll: :lol: )

BHP = (Torque X @RPM) / 5252

This is a FACT, don't try and argue it, 'cos you'd be wrong! :p (look it up on Google or in any tuning bible if you wish!)

BHP was originally developed for steam engines and was a comparative measurement of how far a steam engine or a horse could move a fully laden mine cart in a set amount of time (1min IIRC) - Hence "horse power" :roll: The "brake" part comes in because you are testing against a load, hence "braking" against the power output.

As torque is the major factor in what everyone needs to get their car to accellerate, BHP is largely irrelevant these days. These Rice Boys whose engines rev to 10K rpm+ will get silly BHP figures even though they haven't got the torque to pull a rabbit out of a hat at lower RPM just 'cos they are tuned to get the max torque at high revs and thus a high BHP figure... :roll:

Example:

If my car produces 1000 Lb/Ft torque at 100 RPM, and yours produces 100 Lb/Ft torque at 10,000 RPM then on BHP stakes, you'll have the highest BHP figure by a long way (19.04 Vs 190.4BHP! :shock: )

However, if yours makes naff all torque figures upto that point (which most hi-revver's like that will!) and mine makes 1000LB/ft all the way up to 100Rpm, I'd rather drive the first than the latter with a properly chosen set of gears in the box! :roll: 8) ("Bye bye" high revving engine. "Hello!" silly acceleration! :lol: )

Oh, and just to clear something up that someone once tried on me... If you've got a BHP and Torque graph for your car off a rolling road, and the two lines DON'T cross at 5252rpm, you've been had and your BHP figures mean absolutely nothing... :roll: At 5252rpm Torque = BHP simply by the definition of BHP, if they don't cross at 5252rpm, someone's messed with the graphing program to give higher BHP readings! :lol:

Oh, and just before anyone brings up F1 cars, they IDLE at around 7Krpm and rev upto around 20,000rpm with a pretty much flat torque curve throughout that rev range, they also weigh sod all... That's why they accellerate so fast, and get to such a high top speed! :roll: :lol:

Henny you better come too the rolling road day now!!

You can mark everybodys printouts!! :lol: :lol:

:p

I'll be there, just I don't think that J-Dub will make it along with me... It'll be a close run thing if she's ready or not... :?

I don't really see the point of rolling roading my 1.6 driver! :lol:

Guys,

I have nearly completed my engine upgrades and I'm not that happy at the moment with the performance. The engine is pinking a little too.

The Mods are:

Rallye G60 Engine

Stage 4 charger

63mm pulley

Jabba sport chip

High lift cam

Custom intercooler

BBM ignition leads

Eurosport cone filter

Eurosport Heat shield

Can anyone tell me the best place to go where I can get the car rolling roaded and set-up correctly? Plus I live North London so the closer the better.

Cheers

CWILL G60

I want to get in before Bilal.

:lol:

You are risking doing damage to your motor running that little pulley, without a chip written for it.

I doubt very much if a Jabba chip is going to supply the fuel that your boost will require.

You will be running at the very edge of your std injectors ability and a few secs of lean running, can do massive damage.

The fact that you have some pinking, means that something is not right. It could even be the bottom pulley bolt?

Like you have asked, you need to get it all checked out, sharpish.

I'd get yourself down to see Darren and Steve in Worthing.

Gavin

I hope the chip is set up for the pulley (it maybe 68mm can't remember now).

The FPR is running at 3.5bar and the injectors are standard Rallye items, which if I’m right are bigger than standard Corrado ones Am I right?

Anyway I know this needs to be sorted ASAP, that’s why I want some suggestion on places to go.

Who are Darren & Steve?

Cheers

Who are Darren & Steve?

G Werks / pitstop developments. Top service. First class work and general nice geezers 8)

I have a similar spec to you except for high lift cam. Ported + polished head instead. I also have grey rallye injectors. Had my car setup and maped at G-Werks/PitStop (Darren, Steve + Co) and it was the sweetest its every been! There not far from you either!

Take it to them to get it sorted! You wont regret it mate! :lol:

Gwerks/Pitstop. G-man and Beavis.

You are on much safer ground if that pulley is a 68. The 3.% BAR FPR is good to hear too!

Not 100% about your injectors being bigger if they are though it's only a small difference.

Gavin

Forgot to mention while I was there I put my old Jabba chip in the place it belongs!

THE BIN!!! :lol:

They had an SNS map that suited my grey injectors. The greys actually have a really high flow rate. Thinks it something like Greens=28 Reds =30 and Greys=35. But there may also be different types of Greys about.