bigtunes

Windscreen Wipers

Hi all.

Having a problem with my windscreen wipers, they are only working on the fastest setting.

I've changed the relay, wiper/MFA stalk and the wiper motor, none of which has made any difference.

So, really looking for suggestions on where to look next?

Sounds like you've replaced everything you could mate, I'd be looking at the wiring loom/connectors at the motor end. Prone to corrosion in that location in the scuttle, might just be corroded connectors on the end of the loom?

HTH

Connectors looked OK when I swapped out the motor, but I think I'll give them a clean anyway, and clean all the contacts for the stalk.

Failing that I suppose a day with the multi meter and lots of swearing at the loom might find something!

On another note, can highly recommend Rain X, something strangely hypnotic about watching the beads of water disappear off the windscreen, didn't even need the wipers this morning and its chucking it down here :lol:

My car has just started doing this.

I guess the motor must be fine as it works on the fastest setting., just not the others.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Which relay is controls the wipers?

Thanks

Scratch that: I realised I'd put relay 99 back in the wrong place when I had it out a few weeks ago ( back during the dry days!)

So problemo now solved for freeee!

Scratch that: I realised I'd put relay 99 back in the wrong place when I had it out a few weeks ago ( back during the dry days!)

So problemo now solved for freeee!

Relay 99 - What else does that control as when my wipers stop working, my heaters, rear window heater and sunroof do as well which ****es my right off.

my car sometimes does this, only works on fastest setting, then other days its fine

any ideas?