Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Bosch 3.5bar fuel pressure reg?

Looking to get a Bosch 3.5bar fuel pressure regulator for my G60, but am struggling to find any of these for sale. Anybody know where I can get one from please?

1) Dealer. But don't ask the p/n or car. I know they exist though :D

2) Put a 3 bar reg in a vice / holder and punch the top in with a larger ball bearing to increase the spring pressure.

3) Buy a proper SX or aeromotive regulator that your decent engine deserves :wink:

1) Dealer. But don't ask the p/n or car. I know they exist though :D

2) Put a 3 bar reg in a vice / holder and punch the top in with a larger ball bearing to increase the spring pressure.

3) Buy a proper SX or aeromotive regulator that your decent engine deserves :wink:

Like the idea of the ball bearing and a hammer approach - hadn't thought of that :lol:

So, tell me more about these SX and aeromotive regulators.....

Yeah that's how Stealth used to turn a 3 bar into a 4 bar reg :lol:

The aeromotive and SX (externally the same) are remote FPRs and are the most stable and high flowing available. Awesome :D I can't remember what a G60 fuel rail looks like, so not sure how you'd incorporate one onto your application.

Does it have a standard supply and return setup with the FPR plonked just before the return? I.e. like the VR6?

It's a Porsche part - should be about £50

Just get the dealer to look up a part for a 1987 944S Non turbo

Porsche number 944 110 198 03

Bosch number is 0 280 160 263

Cheers Kev - I was hoping to keep it looking pretty standard under there, hence I'm gravitating towards the Porka one. Those others do look cool though :D

Supercharged, cheers for the info. I've had a look on the Vortex site as well - they're giving a lightly different number (04 at the end rather than 03), which they are saying is something to do with it being a different pressure. Think it might to time to check wih the friendly Porsche dealer....

Yeah there was a 3.8 Barr iirc so it might be that...

PD motorsport (now Darren at G-werks) used to supply them but not needed since the newer SNS chips.

It's a Porsche part - should be about £50

Just get the dealer to look up a part for a 1987 944S Non turbo

Porsche number 944 110 198 03

Just a quick update, having now sourced and fitted one of these. They are a lot more than that from Porsche - more like £80. May well be cheaper through Bosch - but numpty here didn't think of trying that :lol:.

The part numbers are

Porsche number 944 110 198 04 (not 03 as per above, 03 was 2.5bar one from memory)

Takes about 10mins to swap. Has it solved my problem of going slightly lean on full throttle - no idea, not had it back on a wideband yet, but it does run perfectly fine and hasn't effected my fuel economy.