Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

rallye owners beware

I read that a year or so ago and like Caios, I have never heard of another incident like it. Anybody else on here seen owt like it?

There is a lot of VW and general car knowledge and experience on this forum and I would say that it is a well isolated incident. I'd be interested to hear any similar stories.

I fact I am pretty sure that Awesome had the car in, after it had the wack. And while I was doing some time there, I pulled a lot of it apart.

Thing is plenty of people still drive old 80s Cavs and Ashtrays. They have some nasty wishbones, that rust through and you never hear owt about it.

Admittedly it could have been a defect in the making of the joint. But who is to say, that it wasn't damaged prior to the lad buying the car and that it took a while to fail?

Gavin

I've snapped the end off a GTI from CV joint.......then again, I was drag racing with slicks on with a 207BHP VR6 engine!

I've snapped the end off a GTI from CV joint.......then again, I was drag racing with slicks on with a 207BHP VR6 engine!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: