Sign in to follow this  
ejmgt

no heater and engine over heating

hello gentalmen and ladies

if my car has started getting very hot very quick but dose not let hot air come out the vents dose that mean my water pump has broke ??? any help would be greatly appreciated

ed

What car you got?

When it's hot, check the temperature of your top and bottom radiator hoses, they should both be hot. If not you've no coolant circulating.

sounds like airlock, try carefully undoing cap slightly when engine is hot to relieve some pressure, bet the heaters go hot straight away

ok anouther quick update, i seem to have a hole in the top radiator hose and its ;etting steam out, i recently had the coolant all flushed and replaced, i am going to replace the thermo today and the pipe and see if it makes n e difference.

oh and its a 2l 16v

anouther update, i have changed the pipe and its heating up normaly but the fan is coming on for a few seconds then turns itself off when and the car still gets hot, also the heater now works whihc is good i suppose.

both top and bottem pipes of the radiator are hot so shoulnt that mean the water is circulating ?

any ideas??