Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Cambelt change

I'm pretty certain that it's every 60,000 miles for a change but they should be checked thouroughly in between (i.e. every 30,000 miles).

At least that's when mine have been changed... I'd be really suprised if the interval on yours is any different.

If you're doing a DIY make sure to change the tensioner at the same time.

DtM.

Cheers for the reply, I'd be getting it done from a local garage I use, cars on 132k, so was wondering when it maybe due next??

If you have no record of it being done, get it done ASAP... Snapping the cam belt is not something you EVER want to do... :?

If you have no record of it being done, get it done ASAP... Snapping the cam belt is not something you EVER want to do... :?

It was done at 110 from what the last owner told me, saying that its better to be safe than sorry.. :roll:

Cheers for the reply DtM..

I'll have a dig through the history of the car when I get home... :roll:

while changing the belt, make sure you do the pulley tensioner thing.....also do the water pump..............i have had a bad experience.....the belt was changed but not the tensioner.................it ended up costing my 16 new valves and top end re-skimmed.........£1200 :( ......not very nice! Bally mate i would get it done, but specify to the mechanic to make sure he does the tensioner too.

Cheers for the reply Baz..

I'm getting a few bits done along with a service early next year :wink:

Interesting thread this, my Rado has a FSH all stamped up by VW garages but no mention of a cambelt change - its on 89k now ?

C

I don't think any dubs except the diesels have an interval less than 100K. I am sure it is an inspect and change if required item. However, I personally would leave one that long given the damage it can do. :cry:

For a 20 quid belt and 2 hours labour, it just isn't worth it.

Gavin