Sign in to follow this  
rajarella

Chin spoiler removal

Sorry I have done a search and can't find a guide anywhere. I have removed all bolts from underside of the chin spoiler but I still wont come off, is there a particular way it has to be done? The problem I have is that it is so rusted behind the bumper that if you try and pull the spoiler off all the metal around it flexes as if it is about to fall to pieces.

Any help appreciated!

Pull it away from the car a section at a time.

There are square tabs moulded into the spoiler that enable the whole thing to clip into place.

I've just done mine, so I'm an expert now. Just gotta enjoy working upside down, make sure you get the car jacked up nice and high

Yeah I was going ok until I snapped that bolt in the cross member, now I need to get the spoiler off to give me more room. You should see the state of the rust behind the bumper, it is shocking, basically a massive hole surrounded by jagged rusty edges. I am gutted!

Yeah I was going ok until I snapped that bolt in the cross member, now I need to get the spoiler off to give me more room. You should see the state of the rust behind the bumper, it is shocking, basically a massive hole surrounded by jagged rusty edges. I am gutted!

what bolts u snapped? .....the ones that hold the bumper in place......i need to remove my bumper this week sometime....i think i'll soak them in WD40 first then.....

Yeah one of the 4 x 17mm bolts that go into the cross member. They were stuck solid and one of them ended up shearing half way down the shaft where the thread starts. Problem is the remainder of the bolt is now stuck in the crossmember and I can't remove the bumper until I get it out!

Yeah one of the 4 x 17mm bolts that go into the cross member. They were stuck solid and one of them ended up shearing half way down the shaft where the thread starts. Problem is the remainder of the bolt is now stuck in the crossmember and I can't remove the bumper until I get it out!

great.......i take it the rear ones the same?..... :brickwall: