Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

stearing issue, advice welcome.

morning, well i have a stearing issue and i dont know what it could be - when im turning right (at speed or low speed) its fine but if i turn left it seems that the stering wheel goes slack a little then pulls to the left then lets go and goes a little slack again - nearly putting me into the outher lane on the duel carageway, not fun lol.

im gna take it to a garage but wondered if it could be somthing like suspentiion or rack or sopmthing - any ideas?

many thanks in advance.

mistrall

I'd have thought that if the good doctor's diagnosis is correct, it'd mean a new (£300+) or refurb (£150+) rack plus labour... likely to be reasonably expensive!

mine feels a bit like that, i've just assumed thats what people meant by "an involving drive" :lol:

my old polo had an 'involving drive' which 'involved' fighting to get it round corners, fighting to keep it in a straight line and fighting to make it both stop and go :lol:

Oh, and back on topic, does sound like rack valves, worth doing a couple of fluid changes to see if it improves at all, then I'd say you're looking at a couple of hours labour and as said, IRO 200 quid for a recon rack or up to about 50 for a S/H one.