Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

splitting RK11's, done

i bough a set of these at the end of last year off coullstar but i wanna re-furb them and get them re-sprayed silver, does anyone know if i can split them with the tyre in place?? i cant see it being a problem?? just want to make sure before i start splitting them.

heres a pic of the type of BBS i'm talking about

bbs_rk2_ci3_l.jpg

cheers

karl

just let the air out of the tyre otherwise should be straight forward. Also the valve comes through one of the bolt holes so make sure you undo it as its a hard to get hold of.

No need to take the tyre off. It's best to pop the beads off if you are going to polish the rim as it will give you more room to work. Don't forget to loctite the bolts when you put them back together :)

cheers guys, i thought it would be ok but just wanted about 3 people to say yeh carry on :) and yeh Shaun they are the same as yours i just thought they were RX2's for some reason :cuckoo:

i'm going to polish the outer lip, but what colour centre?? i'm swaying towards white??

opinions welcome.

what colour are your brakes these days Karl? not sure white with polished lips would go that well imo but black centres against red calipers would be an obvious choice to continue the engine bay theme :cheers:

well the brembo's are going soon, but will be swapped for something different and the calipers will be black, even the r32 rocker cover is going black as i've got rid of my red recaro's and will be fitting my "new" scirroco seats when the cars back from stealth.

ah ok, well with black calipers the white could be good although i think i'd be tempted to paint the rims too in that case. just remember to carry a bucket of water around with you to keep cleaning them! :)

ah ok, well with black calipers the white could be good although i think i'd be tempted to paint the rims too in that case. just remember to carry a bucket of water around with you to keep cleaning them! :)

i was gonna keep a little immigrant in the boot for wheel cleaning duties :lol:

I would never EVER never EVER EVER have white wheels again, oh no I think the nightmares are starting again! :bonk:

I would never EVER never EVER EVER have white wheels again, oh no I think the nightmares are starting again! :bonk:

take it you didn't like white wheels then :lol: well just went to take the bolts out, and guess what?? yeh you got it, 2 of the bolts have rounded out :censored: even after i tapped the spline bit firmly into place, looks like a phone call to pw motorsport for me tomorrow then :(

I HATE CARS

take it you didn't like white wheels then :lol: well just went to take the bolts out, and guess what?? yeh you got it, 2 of the bolts have rounded out :censored: even after i tapped the spline bit firmly into place, looks like a phone call to pw motorsport for me tomorrow then :(

I HATE CARS

Would you wanna clean 4 of these!? :cuckoo: LOL

I do wonder if I would be a lot happier without a car sometimes :gag: :grin:

Leonard what wheels are those, i like them 8)

Enkei NT03+M in an 18 inch, nice light forged wheel used in the japanese touring car series (amongst other stuff)

You can get them in a 5x100 ET35 17inch 7.5 width. Silver, white, hyper black (look good on ur car) and white by special order. And they only weigh 7.9 kilos 8)

I was quite tempted myself but with the Yen and dollar exchange rate now it just isnt viable money wise :(

Leonard what wheels are those, i like them 8)

Enkei NT03+M in an 18 inch, nice light forged wheel used in the japanese touring car series (amongst other stuff)

You can get them in a 5x100 ET35 17inch 7.5 width. Silver, white, hyper black (look good on ur car) and white by special order. And they only weigh 7.9 kilos 8)

I was quite tempted myself but with the Yen and dollar exchange rate now it just isnt viable money wise :(

What price we talking for 17s

like those Enkei's apart from the fussy centres,

about the RX's, i have decided on polished lip with a dark bronze center, thoughts!!

PINK And Black lips...

Go on Karl be brave! :norty:

i prefer things that are black with pink lips???

PINK And Black lips...

Go on Karl be brave! :norty:

i prefer things that are black with pink lips???

:shock:

yeh thats the colour Matt, should go well with the moonlight blue.

anyone good at photoshop??

Should look Awesome! 8)