Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Seat bolster - Stealer Update!

Does anyone know if the seat bolster is still available at the dealer? I bought one well over a year ago and at the time I think they were almost obsolete.

Ta

I replaced one in my VR6 about 8 mts ago and was told that I had got the last one that VWUK had. Might only be b+llsh+t from the parts guy. Try and order one and see, £28 from memory.

I picked up a 2nd hand set of seats for a few quid and butchered them for the good inner bolster from each seat.

These inner bolsters were pretty much as good as new, as they get almost no wear on the inside edge of the seat; so I just swapped over the sides (so used the passenger side inner bolster from the donor seats on the drivers side outside bolster of the good seats and vv). Fresh 'good as new' bolsters for the £10 it cost me for and old set of front seats! 8)

I picked up a 2nd hand set of seats for a few quid and butchered them for the good inner bolster from each seat.

These inner bolsters were pretty much as good as new, as they get almost no wear on the inside edge of the seat; so I just swapped over the sides (so used the passenger side inner bolster from the donor seats on the drivers side outside bolster of the good seats and vv). Fresh 'good as new' bolsters for the £10 it cost me for and old set of front seats! 8)

Yeah I've been on the look out for a cheap passenger seat. Think I'll give the stealer a try just in case.

Dropped in at the Stealer today to ask about the bolster - their system doesn't say it's NOT available but should you order one they'll take a whopping £73 out of ya pocket. I bought one a couple of years back at about £27 ish.

i bought one from my local stealers about a year ago for less then £30, i hope these are still available and not ridiculously priced..

i bought one from my local stealers about a year ago for less then £30, i hope these are still available and not ridiculously priced..

I was showed the screen and it said £73 :(

thats not good..

thats not good..

Better than just not being available at all mind, despite the :2gunfire: robbery from the dealer