Sign in to follow this  
20vtvw

dark burgundy pearl VR ,8and 9x16 OZ vegas

ha ha, yes everytime i go to put something back together i find something else that needs stripping cleaning and painting :brickwall:

and yes i think i will have done for vw fest apart from a few finnishing touches inside.,

just found your thread, VERY good work, cant wait to see what it will look like when painted!!

mine is going for a respray in a few weeks, hope i dont find too many rusty patches like you have, keep up the good work

thanks big ben ,i cant wait to get it painted but my welder broke so that put me back a bit further and now ive fixed it the weather is c**p maybe something tellin me to pack it in??

nah dont even think about packin in!! a lot of people (including me) wish they had the time and skill to carry this out them selves, keep it up, and let us all know how your getting on!!

hey first time ive seen this thread - really good job and its looking sweet, don't lose the urge now man, especially as you're nearly there :salute:

i have all this to look forward to :)

this is what i was doin b4 welder stopped feeding (now fixed so just need good weather)i spoke to my painter and hes ready when i am so have to get a move on now!!

just hope i dont find any more bad bits but ive had the car too long and put too much into it to give up it just might take longer.

pl.jpg

all patched up.,

p.jpg

just need to weld up the arial hole and sort rear arch.,

thanks .,

Keep going with this one! Best to find all the bits of rust and sort them in one go, rather than have to do bits after the respray. Or even worse, be in a crash and find that you car is made of Swiss cheese and collapses around you.

How much further are you going with the smoothing? Anything on the exterior as well the bay?

just dont rush it really, you have gone to far to rush it because you want it painting, keep it up!! :grin:

thanks ,ive smoothed the side indicators and washer jets and removing the arial also removed tow eye in rear bumper and no. plate recess in front bumper thats as far as i want to so i dont ruin the lines of the car,.

big ben ,im in no rush but i am missing driving it alot as my daily is a 98 passat 20v and feels like a barge in comparison.,

i know how you feel trust me!! mines been off the road since March!! and probly wont be back on the road for a few months yet, then it will be winter :(

at least when its sprayed and that, its done, done for good... im not going to do it again (hopefully) and we can just enjoy our cars :D my daily is a golf gti 8v, and its a bag of crap compared to a rado, and to make matters worst my best mate has recently got a nice G60, so hes been loving life and have got to just walk past mine everyday and wish it was on the road, it feels like driving it again is a dream now haha

i miss driving myn too mate thats why i got a second one lol,stick with it mate i never feel like im getting anywhere, but do it all do it once :)

looking good

cheers mate ,ive been looking at a couple of cheapys for a daily also,just got my wife a polo and ive put the passat up 4 sale :D

getting this next week to play with.,

c1.jpg

c4.jpg

and inside(the reason ive bought it.,)

c2.jpg :luvlove:

and very very cheap

Haven't seen this thread for a while but good to see u sortin it all out at once, i8ts gonna such a minter when its all finished and back together 8)

thanks they are oz vegas 3 piece splits 9x16" et4 at moment.,

After hours on the net in search of thoose rims, i give up.. Do you or anyone have a link for theese rims on the net?

/Joe

not done anything to 20v as im waiting for some panels to finnish the welding but now have a new daily.,

will let pics do the talking.,not going to spend any money on this apart from a set of rims,ive borrowed the leather and coilovers from my 20v and also the red rears .,

1234-1.jpg

65430.jpg

231.jpg

rdo.jpg

ok so thought i would let you all know what ive bin upto ,.i still havent got much done to my 20v but i have removed the rear axle and stripped that down to a bare axle ready to be cleaned up and rebuilt with poly bushes discs drilled to 5x112 new bearings and mk4 callipers.

axle.jpg

thats it for the 20v.,as ive been busy building my mates mk3 vr (all new arches,sills,some smoothing and painted nato green matt,camber shims and rs s)

654.jpg

this is it mid job all done now so can get on with my own cars.,

i got some 16" 2 piece bbs s for my wifes polo that needed a re furb so split them and have started painting them in textured paint,and will polish the dishes

we-1.jpg

and got a bra for the burgandy pearl

as.jpg

i tried to fit my vegas but with the vr having wider rear axle they would never fit ,and after fitting camber shims to the mk3 i didnt really want to do that to my rado,so got some 8x16 merc 8 holes that i will fully polish b4 fitting them but then vinyl wrap them for winter,

1-3.jpg

mer.jpg

thats it for now gonna get on with the 20v very soon as im missing the turbo :luvlove:

thanks ,the paint ive used is a textured aged iron rattle can from home base ,ive thrown the can away now but when i get another i will post more detail if needed.,