Sign in to follow this  
vw corrado storm king

vsr manifold

Changing the point on the rev range where the flap opens

you must be on about some sort of adjustment on the manifold control unit or the diaphrame sorry to sound stupid

but i dont even know if i've wiried the control unit up right

On the Schrick the control box arrives with the dip switches set to the default value of 4k rpm. The instructions provide a table of switch settings for a wide range of changeover rpm values. I'm sure 4k is a best guess rather than an optimal value as this depends also on what hardware the VSR is connected to.

Indication of the changeover can be seen on the Schrick controller, usually sat next to ECU, when the green light swaps to red.

I don't think the exact results of adjustment can be predicted, unless you're a Schrick expert, but I plan, when I've got my hardware how I want it, to discuss the issue with Vince, with a view to having a RR session & optimise the setting.

I think Vince has tried it at 3750rpm before, but it's rather engine / spec dependant.

4000rpm is roughly where the positive intake tuning runs out and the engine is on the cam, needling as much air as possible. You can see that on the torque plots with a standard intake manifold, so I guess Schrick reckoned on that being a good switching point.

With decent cams, you could probably eek the flap open a little sooner and try and smooth off that characteristic step in the power delivery.

I'd like to thank all the lads for there input on this it's been a great help

recived the new diaphrame today so will be fitting that at the weekend also need to make sure the valve is not touching rocker cover once i've done this will rewire the control unit to the engine speed sensor and see what happens.

I'm hoping to smooth out the drop @ approx 4200 rpm by tinkering with the dip switch settings.

If anything the 263's have exagerated the dip. Might an adjustment to say 4600ish fill in the dip?

Any thoughts Kev?

I'm hoping to smooth out the drop @ approx 4200 rpm by tinkering with the dip switch settings.

If anything the 263's have exagerated the dip. Might an adjustment to say 4600ish fill in the dip?

Any thoughts Kev?

Im not sure I can it being that easy. But if it was...... :norty:

Yeah try opening the flap a little later first, say 4500rpm, and if that doesn't work, try opening it sooner, i.e. 3750rpm. I suspect all you'll be able to manage is knocking the hump down a bit to make the transition smoother. I don't think you'll ever get a straight line past 4000 with a schrick!

arrrrrrrrrrrrrr i've had enough of this manifold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered a new diaphrame from internet a shrick valve only to find it's the wrong one so i've ripped off the manifold for no reason

the manifold i have is a vw motorsport vsr any idea's if they sell these valves seperatly???

Yeah try opening the flap a little later first, say 4500rpm, and if that doesn't work, try opening it sooner, i.e. 3750rpm. I suspect all you'll be able to manage is knocking the hump down a bit to make the transition smoother. I don't think you'll ever get a straight line past 4000 with a schrick!

Glad to have your confirmation on that, Kev.

BTW - don't much care for straight lines - prefer a sweet curve or two! [just like the C]

Suggest you call VInce at Stealth Racing as I'm aware he's had VSR's rebuilt in the past and may have either spares on site or be able to get what you want made.

maybe this is a stupid question but is the vsr manifold a straight swap from the original? going from 2 branch to 4 :?

my exhaust is shot so might as well change the whole system front to back

yep it was a stupid question :lol: i got plenty more where that come from :?

any chance of some pics or do they just look the same as standard manifolds?

yep it was a stupid question :lol: i got plenty more where that come from :?

any chance of some pics or do they just look the same as standard manifolds?

:grin: