Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

Power Gain

Hi all,

I have just put a G60 into my Corrado, it was a 1.8 16v, I could'nt believe the difference when I drove it for the first time the other night. On paper the specifications don't look all that different, that was why I opted for the 1.8 16v initially(Insurance purposes also!). Its been the massive change in torque that has been quite noticeable and of course the nice roar off the new lump. I have ordered a Shrick Cam, Chip and Pulley from JD in Holland, and am fitting them at the weekend along with the air panel filter. What I wanted to know was what power gain will I get and where am I to notice it most?

Cheers. :)

hi there, another G owner :D it really depends what cam you get,some of them are designed for above 3k lie 268* or others, a cam would ive a a max of 5-10 hp if its done right, best way is to have u head throttle body ported inlet valves with a r1 build charger so you can let hte car breathe freely and with a nice big intercooler :lol: nearly got lost there. In what con is u charger as i just blew 1 not to long ago so beware of that. tell u the truth havent really driven a 16v to know the diference but the g60 has got some tourque up the ass 8)

I'm using a schrick 268 at the mo, you dont want to get a cam too much peakier than that since the 8v head doesn't like to be revved too much. Its all about the torque :D

A bigger intercooler would be very effective since the standard raddo one becomes heat soaked very quickly. (I should have some custom made Front Mounted Intercoolers around 36" wide!! soon) :shock:

Kevin,

If you get everything with the engine, it will fit 'like a glove'. I didn't realise how much fun a G60 is. There is a couple of differences, in a 16v(1.8 or 2.0) the rev counter red lines at 7,000 wherea's on a G60 it red lnes at 6,000 shall I go on....... If you get a chance do it.

P.S. Thanks Dubcharger and LowG for the info.

146 driver i have a g60 lump in my garage , i got it to go into a mk1 golf but decieded against it , i've been trying to sell it but ! but maybe chuck it in the raddo sounds interesting,its mine and my mates so i would have to give him some cash if i keep it , only thing i dont have is full loom :lol: :lol: :lol: