Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

How big is the physical difference between the VR6 and R32

Is there much physical difference between the VR6 engine and the R32 engine?.

f.ex would people without knowledge of the VR6 engine notice it? (at MOT etc)?

The R32 might be slightly taller as it has more crank throw, but other than that you wouldn't know, other than the obvious intake manifold, coil over plugs and DBW throttle!

Ok, good to hear, it's only in the very unlikely (for now atleast) I should change out the VR6 engine some day....;)

Most likely they won't notice it I guess......:)

If this is related to MOT and insurance etc, they will notice I'm afraid :D

Visually, it looks completely different to the 12V unfortunately mate!

All is not lost though. With MOTs there is a little loop hole in that they are given target CO readings from a central Database. So when I take my VR6 Turbo along for an MOT.... he pulls up the data on a VW Corrado VR6 Turbo....."Data Not found" :lol:

Therefore, he has to sample the CO2 figures under an "unclassified" section of the database, which is very leniant and it passes with flying colours :D

So, when they look for data on a VW Corrado 3.2 V6, in theory, you should be in the same boat, but don't quote me on it!

hmmmm, ok, I guess the main problem here in Norway would be to make it at all legal with the engine, as they are not very easy to please (seem like the goverment place that have to do with registering cars in Norway, are very afraid of putting theyr names on modification of cars at all).

I would think I would have to go to Germany and get a TÜV vertification for it, before they would sign anything.......and one would have to pay additional taxes for the step up from 2.9 to 3.2 and the additional HP......:)

Are the Turboed VR6 in UK "street legal" ? (as in Registered as a VR6T?)......as that would also be a big hassle to get registered here I'm afraid...:(