Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Unlimited budget to mod a corrado what would you do?

Unlimited, id employ a driver to drive me round in a hummer limo, that was full of hot sluts.

And an fxx thing for when i got p1ssed off with the hot sluts.

Prob an rs6 to do the underwear and toy shopping for said hot sluts.

Buy all parts that available new for it, and have it as close to stock as possible........;)

What I eventually will do to mine though, but will take some time I guess.......;)

Spot on! I'd love a BRAND NEW Corrado VR6....pretty much impossible I know, but as close to new as possible and completely stock* would be my dream C. 8)

*with perhaps the exception of a nice sounding exhaust, because the VR sounds so good with one.

Ask DGA to build me a nearly new C, like Dave's VRT but in ice-violet and dark grey leather.

And so as not to spoil/wear it out - RS6 avant for daily!

and keep an eye out for a damaged repairable Carrera GT!

I would buy a MK5 R32, cut all the underbody seal off, drill out the spot welds holding the floorpan to the body and then do the same to the youngest, mintest Corrado on the planet and re-weld the Corrado body back on the MK5 floorpan :D

Then I'd make as much of the MK5 interior as possible fit in the new Corrado/MK5 hybrid.

And then obviously a turbo, haldex controller, AST coilovers, 350mm AP racing 6 pots would follow suit.

Best of both worlds - The looks of our favourite VW, but with the power, refinement and handling of the newest VWs. :D

And the floorpan swapping has already been done by the way before anyone says it's not possible - by a VERY talented engineer in Holland :wink:

Best of both worlds - The looks of our favourite VW, but with the power, refinement and handling of the newest VWs. :D

And the floorpan swapping has already been done by the way before anyone says it's not possible - by a VERY talented engineer in Holland :wink:

I will have one of those please Kev!

Any links to the Holland engineer's car......

I would buy a MK5 R32, cut all the underbody seal off, drill out the spot welds holding the floorpan to the body and then do the same to the youngest, mintest Corrado on the planet and re-weld the Corrado body back on the MK5 floorpan :D

Then I'd make as much of the MK5 interior as possible fit in the new Corrado/MK5 hybrid.

And then obviously a turbo, haldex controller, AST coilovers, 350mm AP racing 6 pots would follow suit.

I could'nt agree more kev 8) would leave interior, but rest i would do

Coming right up sir, give me a few days :lol:

No links, but I got the spot weld idea from a car I saw at Stealth years ago. IIRC it was a MK2 Golf G60 body welded onto a Rallye Floor, or something along those lines. It also had Audi A4 door handles, which was cutting edge back then :D On the ramp, you just wouldn't know, it all looked factory underneath and Vince explained that the owner sent the car over to Holland for it to be done, but I forget the details of the company now, it was 10 years ago.

Obviously the Corrado and MK5 floor are completely different, but I'm confident after some minor adjustments, they would marry together nicely. Plus a bit of subtle arch work to run the MK5 18s 8)

This is 'money no object' remember :D

I've also had ridiculous thoughts of doing a wide arch special and grafting a Corrado body onto a 911 floor / drivetrain, LOL!

Coming right up sir, give me a few days :lol:

No links, but I got the spot weld idea from a car I saw at Stealth years ago. IIRC it was a MK2 Golf G60 body welded onto a Rallye Floor, or something along those lines. It also had Audi A4 door handles, which was cutting edge back then :D On the ramp, you just wouldn't know, it all looked factory underneath and Vince explained that the owner sent the car over to Holland for it to be done, but I forget the details of the company now, it was 10 years ago.

I'm not saying that is bull$hit, but bearing in mind you are desribing a factory available G60 syncro (a rallye floorpan - or rear half as that is all that is different between a G60 and rallye - I'd be very surprised if that was actually made from a rallye and a G60.

I do like the idea of a MK4/5 chassis with a corrado body tho

As I say I can't remember the full details as it was 10 years ago. It might not have been a G60, but it was definitely a FWD MK2 receiving a Rallye or Synchro floor via a floor/body swap, maybe a G60 Edition 1 or something. A FWD GTI G60 did exist, did it not? It started life as the Stealth 'Bomber' if you remember it, and then progressed onto a VR6x6x4 i.e. VR6 2.9 + Gemini 6 speed + 4WD.

Buy an Aston Martin... Not sure they class as cars... Are they not officialy works of art now?

Failing that,, strip Corrado down to bare shell, clean that up of every spot of rust and dirt, galvanise it and start again from the ground up with highest quality gear throughout, custom interior (probably using Aston dash - see other post somewhere re dash swap) and make the whole thing 4x4 with R32 power...

As I say I can't remember the full details as it was 10 years ago. It might not have been a G60, but it was definitely a FWD MK2 receiving a Rallye or Synchro floor via a floor/body swap, maybe a G60 Edition 1 or something. A FWD GTI G60 did exist, did it not? It started life as the Stealth 'Bomber' if you remember it, and then progressed onto a VR6x6x4 i.e. VR6 2.9 + Gemini 6 speed + 4WD.

I tunnel and rear section being grafted into a MK2 isn't that common, but certainly not unheard of either - I guess 10 years ago, G60 syncro's commanded a big price, if you could find one...

I do recall the VR6*6*4 - isnt that a blue rallye tho, owned by a Scottish chap?