Sign in to follow this  
Cnut

Brake pedal position sensor??

I did a VAG-COM on my car this morning and it came with a fault on the Brake pedal position sensor. How difficult are these to replace? and more importantly are they expensive?!

About £50 - not too difficult but very fiddly as there is a clip at the bottom and you need a mirror to see it...

It's located just below the mast cyl with 2 wires going to it - also see the MK3 Haynes manual for info.

Doesn't sound too bad then! Excuse the stupid question but what exactly does it do? I guess it's related to the ABS somehow?

It's a sensor for the brake pedal position :tongue:

Does your ABS work? - if so i'd clear the code first and see if it comes back...

haha! It does work but the light randomly comes on. I cleared the fault before as I thought it may have been an old fault and it was fine for a couple of weeks but it only just returned today. Loose connection maybe?

does anyone have any good tips on how to replace this please?

is it in the car, engine bay? what size / colour is it?

about £50 - not too difficult but very fiddly as there is a clip at the bottom and you need a mirror to see it...

It's located just below the mast cyl with 2 wires going to it - also see the MK3 Haynes manual for info.

Don't talk to me about this please, that bloody clip is doing my head in.... :brickwall: yeh, it's under the master cylinder on the servo. You have to remove the air intake pipe to get to it though. Getting to it is the easy bit, getting the sensor out however requires 3 hands, a torch, a mirror and a small flat blade screwdriver.

ive been to GSF and they dont stock it, i take it its a VW dealer part only?

how much is it and does anyone have a part number please, i cant find it on VAGcat.com!

should be able to get one from a breakers. I replaced it on my last VR6 and the fault never returned.

haha, trying to find a corrado in a breakers, might aswell start looking for that neddle in the haystack!

i went to VW today and they couldnt find it on vagcat, but he went in back and said it can either be one of two things,

1H0612151C (cant find that # on vagcat) at £77.96

or

358614041A at £19.15

Can ANYONE help please!!!

please can anyone help. someone must know where this part is on vagcat.com or have a reciept witgh a aprt number, please help me!

well i got a new on form vw, and i can see the round circlip on the new one, but how do u get the old one off? and i seem to have little tiny green red blue things with it, what are they for?

well i got a new on form vw, and i can see the round circlip on the new one, but how do u get the old one off? and i seem to have little tiny green red blue things with it, what are they for?

The coloured blocks of plastic are interchangeable tips for the sensor, you'll need to match this up with the same as you original once removed.

Its a bit of a pain to get the old one off, remove the circlip and pull, i cant remember if its made easier if a vacuum line is removed.

nope - just remove the circlip and pull/wiggle the old sensor out. i found that getting the new one in with the new seal was very difficult - seem to remember either struggling with the new seal or using the old one - expect to find that too...

ot: @tekara hows it going mate?