Mawrick

Any of you guys used the underseal stuff from VW?

2 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I was lucky by the look of it then! No pin holes anywhere and only one mounting stud that was starting the crumble/separation at the welds which I managed to grind back. I think the fact that the sump and lower chain cover had been leaking so long itΒ  saved my bacon and gave the underside a misting of oil actually paid dividends! The only bit that needed welding was a couple of blobs to a 5p sized hole at one of the filler mounts. A mate with a mig sorted that for me, and a 2.5mm drill bit and tap sorted it perfectly. πŸ‘

I agree we should all have oil spray jets pointing to the back of our car's, just in case πŸ˜†Β  Wish I had a decent oil leak πŸ˜«πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Good to hear yours was only minimal πŸ‘

SiΒ 

9 minutes ago, vw rule said:

I agree we should all have oil spray jets pointing to the back of our car's, just in case πŸ˜†Β  Wish I had a decent oil leak πŸ˜«πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Good to hear yours was only minimal πŸ‘

SiΒ 

It's the modern equivalent of the oily rag refurb that you mentioned earlier Si! πŸ˜†

Edited by seanl82

1 minute ago, seanl82 said:

It's the modern equivalent of the oily rag refurb that you mentioned earlier Si! πŸ˜†

Tell me about it πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†

I might try this next πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ rust prevention.Β 

Si πŸ‘

Looks like VW test their current vehicles up to roughly 6 months continuously, to see how they do against rust. Then completely strip the vehicles down once all corrosion testing is done.

They state 6 months of continuous testing equals to about 12 years of ownership ?Β 

Si

Β 

I'm using some thick seam sealer as a protective coat instead of underseal, on the areas I've repaired, then as a precaution I'll try this stuff over the top of the seam sealer.

TechniQ Stone ChipΒ 

Β 

IMG_20200620_171623033.jpg

Β 

Before I even applied the seam sealer, I painted a few layers of paint first, zink or galvanized paint, then some red oxide paint, then used some Hammerite stone chip, once that was dry then applied the seam sealer.

Hammerite stone chip

Β 

downloadfile-7.jpg

Β 

SiΒ 

Edited by vw rule