Sign in to follow this  
rixy

g60 vacuum pipe??

hi peeps, i noticed whilst playing with the G the other day that there's a black vacuum pipe thats not connected to owt??

It comes from the passenger side, and is with the loom that comes across boost pipe, and sticks out right near the ISV??

Any ideas what it should be connected to? Mine looks like its had the end of whatever it should be snapped off, as im sure its still in the end??

Any help appreciated :-)

Pic would be good mate - it's not snapped off one of the nipples on the brake vac pipe (solid black pipe with a valve and 2 outlets)?

There is a 4mm nylon pipe that goes thru the bulkhead to feed the clocks too.

Is the carbon canister still fitted?

19032009750.jpg

here ya go - its not the one for the charc canister, as thats all still plumbed in.......it ends with a bend, kinda near the isv??

Is your MFA working ok?

It should be connected to the yellow coloured valve, this is a non return valve used with your brake servo so it's lucky that still works given it has a hole in one side!!

so it should be plugged into the servo pipe then?? where does it go on?? On the t on the pipe where the blanking plug is? Or further to the left (in the pic)

Not sure if mfa or owt works, as i've never driven the car yet :-)

the rubber 90degree bend on the end of the vacuum pipe looks to have a snapped end or something in it, so if this is the case, im guessin its snapped - do i thereofre need a new g60 servo pipe??

so it should be plugged into the servo pipe then?? where does it go on?? On the t on the pipe where the blanking plug is? Or further to the left (in the pic)

Not sure if mfa or owt works, as i've never driven the car yet :-)

the rubber 90degree bend on the end of the vacuum pipe looks to have a snapped end or something in it, so if this is the case, im guessin its snapped - do i thereofre need a new g60 servo pipe??

maybe,yeah.

that is what i had to do when the fitting for that connection broke on my break valve.

You should have two plastic pipes coming from the yellow valve, I have broken one of mine in the past so connected the pipe to the other one and blanked off the hole with a metal putty. The solid black plastic pipe with the yellow valve looks to be a right pain to change as it connects to the brake servo next to the suspension turret, not much space!!

Yeah - as I said above it looks like the outlet is snapped off (this needs to be blocked with glue)

It might work on the other one that is blanked I guess...

checked earlier, this is indeed snapped, so some glue going in there tomorrow, and i'll stick it on the other one :-)