Sign in to follow this  
KipVR

Info on PAS bottles please :-)

For my engine conversion I need to move the PAS and washer bottle from their current location in order to mount the airbox which mounts on that side. I've relocated the washer bottle to the other side and that's all neat and tidy, but I need to do the PAS bottle too, I have to keep the area between where the washer bottle currently sits and the engine free as it's all taken up by the airbox.

I've looked on VAGCAT and it shows two different types of PAS bottles being used. One is square and the round; I've got the round type.

Can anyone post me a pic of what the square one loks like and where it sits in the bay? My other option is a Mk3 Gti one which mounts to the battery tray, but I would prefer to keep it Corrado if at all possibe :D

The square ones were fitted to the early cars, and sit sort of alongside and below the battery on the inside of the inner wing. If it helps you to imagine where it is, the weight on the gear shift hits it. I don't think the late cars have the bracket for the tank.

The square ones were fitted to the early cars, and sit sort of alongside and below the battery on the inside of the inner wing. If it helps you to imagine where it is, the weight on the gear shift hits it. I don't think the late cars have the bracket for the tank.

Cheers Toad, ah so it's quite low down then, I think I'll just bolt the Mk3 one on then, it looks easy enough to do, the scrappie outside Stockbridge has got one, so I'll just nip down there on friday....Still have to pick those seats up mate, are you about on Friday?

yeah the early spec ones are identical to the Mk2 golf AFAIK. Later ones are cylindrical and up next to the washer fluid bottle. All cars seem to have the late bracket on inner N/S wing by washer fluid: I just needed the mounting plate and bottle to use my late PAS setup.

yeah the early spec ones are identical to the Mk2 golf AFAIK. Later ones are cylindrical and up next to the washer fluid bottle. All cars seem to have the late bracket on inner N/S wing by washer fluid: I just needed the mounting plate and bottle to use my late PAS setup.

You can have mine mate, I'll be taking them off soon, I'll post them up to you. Edit that, you said needed not need :D

Cheers Toad, ah so it's quite low down then, I think I'll just bolt the Mk3 one on then, it looks easy enough to do, the scrappie outside Stockbridge has got one, so I'll just nip down there on friday....Still have to pick those seats up mate, are you about on Friday?

Where's that?? I'm not too far from Stockbridge. Is it the one out on the Salisbury road?

Did you still want the seats?

Yeah it's Richard Noons, behind what used to be a Murco Garage but is now a Caravan forecourt Go through Stockbridge and out on the other side towards Salisbury. There a nice bunch there. you turn right by the caravan place and it's half a mile on the rhs. Yes please I do want the seats!! Just finished all the building work last weekend so I now have some space :D