Sign in to follow this  
horney

1/4 mile times, what you done?

Wow some pretty decent times being posted by you guys. I've only got a drilled airbox and KR cams in my 2.0 valver so not sure what I'll get on the day. My old mini cooper S (proper one not a Bini) ran mid 15's which was fun!

Nick

Thats nothing...get a brew on lads and check out this link of me spanking down the strip in 18 seconds dead!

It was a standard engined 1.4 8v Polo with a Supersprint exhaust, Pipercross induction and hardly any petrol! It was my first experience of Volkswagens when I was a mere 21! :D

looked a bit damp.

rekon it would have been 15.00 in the dry. :)

Not mine but a guy local to me. Im yet to run mine this year hopefully!

Mine was a 14.6 i think off the top of my head, [strike:37dsx3ui]car is off the road now so it will be next year when i can do another run. :([/strike:37dsx3ui]

Ah well ok so i think i am coming to the Pod in my Corrado :clap: for its last outing before it gets pulled to bits, to see if i can improve on my times, hopefully it will be working right this time and get those 13....something numbers i always wanted.

Mine was a 14.6 i think off the top of my head, [strike:3nujl5qr]car is off the road now so it will be next year when i can do another run. :([/strike:3nujl5qr]

Ah well ok so i think i am coming to the Pod in my Corrado :clap: for its last outing before it gets pulled to bits, to see if i can improve on my times, hopefully it will be working right this time and get those 13....something numbers i always wanted.

i hope the rain holds out.

very interested to see u go up the strip.

i went up 2 wks ago for the first time! wa well fun! i only did 17.3 in my standard 1.8l 16v! :( was fun though just need a faster car! how much are R32S

ive run a 14.2 in my 20v turbo on a very hot day with rubbish tires. will be aiming for high 13's when the weather improves slightly

ive run a 14.2 in my 20v turbo on a very hot day with rubbish tires. will be aiming for high 13's when the weather improves slightly

8)

nice.

was that at the pod?

yeah that was at pod.

i was running under 15 all day (18 runs), but as it was so hot the boost was backing off :bad-words:

i went up it at the fast show the wkend just gone and put in two runs of which were my first ever experiece and the first was 16.08 and the second was 16.01 and thats with my terribly ill 2.0 16v which was hunting and the que was soo long every one was looking haha ended up pushing it in the que hehe ! :clap:

i hope the rain holds out.

very interested to see u go up the strip.

Well to be honest its all about getting off the line right, thats where all the times are lost, i have done 15-16 second quarters too just spinning too much on the launch, i know i will do that again.

Best thing to do is to push it down the queue so its not getting all heat soaked, and i was talking to a guy who is very good at drag racing and he said he would prefer a hotter day for the better grip and a loss in power, like i said the time is lost at the launch so it makes sense.

hmm,i think its going to be busy there too so u may not have many opportunities to get a flyer.

Under 14 would be special for a non NOS rado.

I'd be happy with a mid 14.

Well looks like there will be quite a few coupes there ,but I rekon it's gonna rain. :(

i went up 2 wks ago for the first time! wa well fun! i only did 17.3 in my standard 1.8l 16v! :( was fun though just need a faster car! how much are R32S

i went up it at the fast show the wkend just gone and put in two runs of which were my first ever experiece and the first was 16.08 and the second was 16.01 and thats with my terribly ill 2.0 16v which was hunting and the que was soo long every one was looking haha ended up pushing it in the que hehe ! :clap:

Cool, these are both great benchmarks for me to aim for!

It does indeed look like they'll be a few Rados on the go at SPringfest, my mate is also taking his G60 although not sure if he's taking it up the strip.

nick

Awesum gona see a few corrados go down the strip on Sunday :D fingers crossed the weather holds out!!!

Mine was a 14.6 i think off the top of my head, [strike:330icd9f]car is off the road now so it will be next year when i can do another run. :([/strike:330icd9f]

[strike:330icd9f]Ah well ok so i think i am coming to the Pod in my Corrado :clap: for its last outing before it gets pulled to bits, to see if i can improve on my times, hopefully it will be working right this time and get those 13....something numbers i always wanted.[/strike:330icd9f]

Well im out of the running in my Corrado, just been out in it and foobared it :( its one of three possibilities...

1 - Boost hose popped off, had a look and cant see anything a miss

2 - I think it has an N75 valve on it, thats faulty or if there is another boost control device faulty

3 - Finally abused it too much and lost compression or something, but it sounds ok apart from like it sounds like it needs oil but it has not blown any out

Thinking and hoping its one of the 1st two though as its making randomnly between 0 and 0.5 bar of boost lol and AFR is reading ok.

Such a weird feeling driving it though, the throw is mega long on the shift, felt like i was sat in my van height wise, rattles and vibrates like hell, but whilst it was boosting right none of that mattered :D all that compared to the TT.

Cool, these are both great benchmarks for me to aim for!

It does indeed look like they'll be a few Rados on the go at SPringfest, my mate is also taking his G60 although not sure if he's taking it up the strip.

nick

pah you wont catch me my friend hahahahaha urs it also a wonderful 2.0 isnt it ? i was improving everytime and only had two runs with my sick car so i would hope that you would be mutalating me hahah !

I'm not going to be running now anyway as I can't fix my slight missfire, ah well there's always summer fest!

Nick

14.669 at Crail Raceway back when I had my white rado G60, that was when it was only running abour 205 BHP. Who knows what it would run now or when it is finished....

14.669 at Crail Raceway back when I had my white rado G60, that was when it was only running abour 205 BHP. Who knows what it would run now or when it is finished....

I think you'll find it was 14.996! Still a good time for 200ish bhp in a Corrado.

Search is very useful on here. :D

Subject: R32 v's my g60

R32 is 242 BHP standard but will lose about 30-40 BHP through the drivetrain, but will be quick off the mark. You'd really need VR6 ratios in g'box to have a good chance of beating him, as standard G60 ratios are sh*** for doing standing starts, due to not being able to reach 60 in 2nd.

For reference, my G60 (my white one, not long before I got it, runnning about 210-ish BHP), recorded a 14.996 quarter (beating all but the top result in that PVW list) ar Crail raceway, beating a Fiat Coupe 20VT. When engine in my blue one finished (same original engine as in white one but with many more mods) hoping to have at even more than last RR........