Sign in to follow this  
SLIM-VW

air intake and carbon cannistor

ive been told there is a perfect air intake hole where the carbon cannistor is on the inner wing. ive also heard that it can be removed without an problem occuring!? no the thing is i can remove air box etc but are the pipes important that go to the cc or is it just a case of blocking on or the other or both? ideally id like to keep the car looking as standard as possible so i have the k&n panel in the filter box but id like a bit more noise,after looking at it i reckon an induction kit would be alot more trouble than its worth! ive used the search bar but i cant find anything that covers this,if there are any guides with photo's as it seems to be a common modification then please post a link so i can have a butchers! :norty:

its all the stuff on the top of the air box that worries me tbh,where would it all go? im new to the valver lump,vr's are soo much easier to play with but the last valver i had wasnt standard and had all the air filter etc removed due to it having twin webber 40's and the whole conversion so it made life alot easier!

its all the stuff on the top of the air box that worries me tbh,where would it all go? im new to the valver lump,vr's are soo much easier to play with but the last valver i had wasnt standard and had all the air filter etc removed due to it having twin webber 40's and the whole conversion so it made life alot easier!

Ah sorry didnt see you had a valver :oops:

Ok thats out then.

There is a thread somewhere showing the modified air box mod ur right I cant find it either tho lol

Can you not just drill your lower box and see how that is with your K&N panel?

lol furry muff mate,i have drilled it a bit and it has made a difference but its supposed to be quite a good air intake wherever this carbon cannistor is and i was hoping that if its not used for much then i could make the duct work for me and keep quite a subtle look rather than piping everywhere to get to the same place! :wink:

ah well,thanks for trying matey! will look at it today,et some pics n see what the score is when i do! all im wondering is if the carbon cannistor is important and what i need to do to the pipes going to it,if i were to remove it! thanks again! :D

Er, you wont have a carbon can on a valver.

The hole is still there though, remove the airbox and there is a disc tac welded into the bottom of the inner wing, this is where the carbon can usually lives.

As for what to do next, have a look at this thread here but you can always use drain pipe instead of ally tube, although I would also attach the other end to the brake cooling duct for a better ram air effect at speed.