Sign in to follow this  
dukest

Melbourne F1 GP - makes you proud to be British!

Ross Brawn, Jensen Button, Richard Branson (in that order)- the dream team?! :D

Bad luck to Lewis but he had it all last year - Jensen's turn this time :clap:

:clap: Makes a change,,,,, Lets hope the race is of much the same... Should be a good year, can't wait.. I will be up at 7 to watch it live... DON'T FORGET ALL THAT THE CLOCKS GO BACK TONITE.... :nono:

:clap: Makes a change,,,,, Lets hope the race is of much the same... Should be a good year, can't wait.. I will be up at 7 to watch it live... DON'T FORGET ALL THAT THE CLOCKS GO BACK TONITE.... :nono:

Er, don't they go forward? :wink:

Er, don't they go forward? :wink:

Yeh, Spring Forward, Fall Back.

Jenson deserves his moment in the sun I think.

Hope he can convert the pole tomorrow.

So what gives with Mclaren?

Why were they unable to develop the car?

Interested to see how Massa fairs tomorrow too.

Wish I hadn't just read that post! Haven't watched the quali yet!

It's really weird. Some people might be tempted to think that Hamilton's success was all down to the car he had last season and not his driving ability.... :lol:

Wish I hadn't just read that post! Haven't watched the quali yet!

It's really weird. Some people might be tempted to think that Hamilton's success was all down to the car he had last season and not his driving ability.... :lol:

:lol:

indeed,although i'll wait till u have watched qualifying b4 making a comparitive remark about your buddy Massa.

Seriously though unless they are all driving exactlt the same car for the whole season then I think it really is hard to judge who is best and who isn't.

Anyway,the shakeup is refreshing.

That was so exciting !! :clap:

Look forward to the Race - wonder what the fuel load differences will make tomorrow.

Would rather like Jenson to do well - infact the whole team - they have worked hard enough that is for sure.

Lets hope I have a signal on my BBC channels tomorrow morning - think i will be setting the alarm early !!!!!! :D

i'll wait till u have watched qualifying b4 making a comparitive remark about your buddy Massa.

I suspect you may have me there. :lol:

:clap: great race :)

edit: and yes shame for Kubica, i'm sure he'll be up there all through the year though!

Doh! Forgot about the clocks and woke up just in time for the after race press conference. :(

Pressed the red button and watched the highlights! :D Nice to see Coulthards still Mr Charisma, how many times will he shoehorn, "this clip is just like when I passed/raced/won etc" in the season? :sleeping:

Just a quick query, if the BBC aren't allowed to blatantly advertise brands/products, why were the two reporters that run round the pit lanes dressed in overalls with very BLATANT brand logo's on? :scratch:

Could be a good season. :ignore:

Never really been into the GP but the 8 minutes of highlights on the BBC were good. Looks like a very, very action packed race and great to see a British team with a British driver take first (and second)! :)

All in all a very entertaining & satisfactory start to the season. I'm really pleased that Jenson Button & Rubino did the business and clearly this is going to be a fascinating season as the other teams now rush to update thier cars and try to catch up.

But despite the masterful way that Button controlled the race from the front I have to say that the driver of the day for me today was Lewis Hamilton, who drove through pretty much the entire field to end up third on the podium (Trulli overtook Hamilton under the safety car and has been penalised since the race finish). Any time a driver cuts through the whole field in a clearly not-the-best car like that is something special.

Also I have to say I liked the slightly more mature approach taken by the BBC to F1. The interviews were informed & intelligent (remember ITV inserting Lewis Hamilton questions into just about every interview they did). I think Jake Humphries did a really competent job today (fact: he started out presenting on CBBC!) and I think he will grow into the role & add a more natual style to add to his already apparent subject knowledge. The commenting of R5's ex-GP man Jonathan Legard & Martin Brundle is a vast improvement on the useless James Allen and I don't suppose I was the only one who didn't miss the bloody adverts.

I started watching GP racing back around the time when James Hunt won the championship and I have to say the quality of the racing action I saw yesterday was as good as anything I recall back in the 'golden days'. The drivers are now able to dice with each other again with these new cars; outbraking, overtaking, slipstreaming, bumping into each other occasionally. If today's race is representative of the future of F1 then we should all be in for a treat, as it's been far too processional for the last 10-15 years.

John

Agreed Corozin

Been watching the season and driver reviews from the 1970's on ESPN recently and the racing was so much better back then

It will be interesting to see the media reaction to todays results - whats the betting that Hamilton is now "finished" and Button is the "2009 Champion in waiting"

Very exciting race! I thoroughly enjoed that :D

Nice to see some of the other teams at the front and well done to Jenson. Again shame about Kubica and Vettel, but that did help put Hamilton up into 3rd 8) (I missed the 'Trulli getting penalised' bit, so thanks Corozin)

As for Hamilton only being good because he's in a good car... surely he proved that not being the case in this race. Even if Kubica and Vettel had stayed in the race he would have still finished in 6th which is impressive considering he was in a 'slow' car. Good on him i say and lets hope the car improves :D

As for the Ferraris, Massa doesnt half have some bad luck with reliability. But all in all its good to see it being close and not just the Ferraris and Mclarens up front. Looking forward to the next race now :D

I really enjoyed that.

Bit naughty Trulli robbing Hamilton the satisfaction of being on the podium.

Did he really think he would get away with that one? :lol:

Stewards should have picked up on that earlier and told him to reverse his car out of the number 3 spot.

"Oi u out"

All in All a superb return to F1 on the BBC :clap: What a result for Brawn GP, Jensen& Rubens and Lewis & Maclaren (with an under-developed car 8)) :lol: 8)

It will be interesting to see the media reaction to todays results - whats the betting that Hamilton is now "finished" and Button is the "2009 Champion in waiting"

My guess is that they will run with something along the lines "Brawn making a team from nowhere in 2 weeks and dominating the race" while a great success story it is, they'll probably not mention that one of the reasons the car is so good is that they (Honda) sacrificed at least the last season and probably most of the one before to develop the car (hence their previous shocking form) IF this diffuser that Brawn is running is making a big difference you can be sure the other teams will close the gap very soon. This only serves to make it even more exciting :cheers: , don't get me wrong I hope Brawn and Co keep it up but I hope they don't run off and dominate as that would be boring.

It was an outstanding drive by both Jenson and Hamilton but I still think in equal equipment Hamilton would still be the fastest brit out there.