Sign in to follow this  
bigrichi

Alpine SWE1000 active sub

Hi Folks,

i have just purchased one of these and need abit of advice from somebody regards wiring it up.

i am going to place it in the boot, probably screwed to the rear seats.

i have the wiring diagrams etc so think i should be ok with what goes where but as far as i can see i need power, rca and it also comes with a control unit which i need to run cables for from front to back for each.

what i wanted to check is, if i remove the centre console, rear hump etc will it be ok if i just run all the cables together underneath.

i think i remember reading somewhere that you can get interference if the cables are too close to each other??

been a while since i fitted any kind of stereo stuff

is this the case or am i just making the intereference but up :lol:

It's said you should run power and RCA's down opposite sides of the car, however, I've never done this - and never had a problem - I'd say you're fine as long as you have half-decent RCA cables. I think it's just theoretical practice tbh.

Perhaps it may be an idea to run them down either side of the tunnel.

My cd changer cable runs tucked up under the plastic centre console trims, under the removable cushion on the back seats, and into the boot.

Helped to install an active sub last weekend in my Corrado and did the same thing - ran the cables under the carpet along the centre console. Did them both on the same side and am not suffering any problems with interference at all. As mikehiow says, just use good quality cabling and you should be ok.

I guess if it was a competition grade sub or something you might need to do it a bit more carefully :)

I ran the rca and power cables under the passenger side carpet when I installed my sub in the boot and haven't had any problems with interference.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Thought it would be ok but wanted to check just in case.

give me something to do this week

cheers

Fitted this a few days ago now......my first car with dedicated bass speakers but WOW!!! hwta a difference.

have been playing about with the headunit settings to get it sounding how i like

would highly recommend one if anybody is considering something similar

cheers

Thanks for the review, it was between one of these and a Vibe cbr but these are smaller so i think i'll start looking for one.

Kate