Sign in to follow this  
Slimg60

Thermostat Housing?

Firstly I have searched and only confused myself more.

I had a slight coolant leak from the plastic right angle at the top of my radiator, taken the pipe off of it (held on by 2 bolts) and it is cracked. :(

I always thought this was the thermostat housing, but having removed it there is no thermostat inside :shrug:

So my questions are:

What part is broken?

and should there be a stat in there?

Cheers

Slim

I had the same prob today, top right angle to top of radiator was leaking so i replaced the o ring, mine is cracked at the back near the longer screw but only on the outside so wasn`t leaking from there. the thermostat is located below the coil pack, follow the pipe from top of rad, this goes to one part of thermostat housing

I had the same prob today, top right angle to top of radiator was leaking so i replaced the o ring, mine is cracked at the back near the longer screw but only on the outside so wasn`t leaking from there. the thermostat is located below the coil pack, follow the pipe from top of rad, this goes to one part of thermostat housing

Wrong car :)

The G60 thermostat housing lives under the water pump.

You cant even see it with the PAS bracket fitted (the alloy one).

There is not suppost to be anything inside the elbow on the top of the radiator so don't worry.