Sign in to follow this  
fullpint

Total Clutch failure today!!!!

:confused4: :confused4: :confused4:

Whilst driving up the A4 today my clutch pedal just went striaght to the floor when I changed into 3rd :mad2: Then arrived at a set of lights that were RED.. I had to get out and puch the raddo to the nearest lay-by..Popped the bonnet and could not find much wrong :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Managed to limp home, car is not sat in the garage..And to top it off I sold my bike last nite so I'm OFF THE ROAD..

Did the pedal stay on the floor? or did nothing happen when when you pressed the pedal and it returned back up?

Did the pedal stay on the floor? or did nothing happen when when you pressed the pedal and it returned back up?
It stayed on the floor..Lifted it up with my foot and it just dropped down..

For the pass week I have had to pump the pedal and it seems to get stuck about half-way down..After about 5 mins of pumping it did work!! Add this to my cold tick over problem it means starting off is a REAL BIG problem :confused4:

It stayed on the floor..Lifted it up with my foot and it just dropped down..

For the pass week I have had to pump the pedal and it seems to get stuck about half-way down..After about 5 mins of pumping it did work!! Add this to my cold tick over problem it means starting off is a REAL BIG problem :confused4:

"use the search luke"

master/slave cylinder fault.

For the pass week I have had to pump the pedal and it seems to get stuck about half-way down..After about 5 mins of pumping it did work!!

And you carried on driving it when you clearly had a major hydraulic issue! :?

The slave cylinder isn't expensive, and is quite an easy fix, I think the master cylinder is a bit more pricey and more difficult to get to but still not a major job.

Try going on GSF or similar and looking them up :dorky:

The slave cylinder isn't expensive, and is quite an easy fix, I think the master cylinder is a bit more pricey and more difficult to get to but still not a major job.

Try going on GSF or similar and looking them up :dorky:

Cheers mate I will do..Sorry about starting that other post :lol: :lol:

Called up my local garage today and they came out to collect my car..He's ordered a new slave and master cylinder..Hopefully due in tomorrow..He did say that it was a pain to remove the old master cylinder which was shoot :( Told him to replace the slave whilst he's at it..Will let you all know if it cured my problem along with the damage to my wallet :censored: Looking to be back on the road by Thursday :clap:

:clap: :clap: I'M BACK ON THE ROAD...Master cylinder was 100 quid, slave was 50 quid, 5 quid for brake fluid and 2 hours labour.. Total cost including Gordon Browns bit was 270 quid :( :( :( :( But having said that with out a clutch the car is worth sweet fa so I'm happy.. Just need to sort my tick over now so time to refresh my other post..