Sign in to follow this  
Stryker

Changed the front Mount, now for the gearbox, easy??

As above really, changed my front engine mount recently to try and cure my car shuddering from pulling away, has imporved it but not fully, is the gearbox mount as easy to change as the front?

cheers

As above really, changed my front engine mount recently to try and cure my car shuddering from pulling away, has imporved it but not fully, is the gearbox mount as easy to change as the front?

cheers

front is the easiest,imho I think the gearbox is the hardest of the three.

But it is not really that differcult.

You'll figure it out.

Gearbox is easy, rear engine is tricky. Have a search on here, the mk2 golf deisel gearbox mount is good and a cheap replacement.

I found the gearbox one a pain in the ass, rear was not to bad, just have some decent sockets and a breaker bar handy.

Yeah, a few of us are using the MK2 D one (or Turn2 as it used to be known)

It's the same size as the 4 cyl ones but solid rubber as opposed to the oil filled originals - you will get a bit of gear box whine transmit through to the cabin with this.

It's the same size as the 4 cyl ones but solid rubber as opposed to the oil filled originals - you will get a bit of gear box whine transmit through to the cabin with this.

so its better to get the corrado one?

I don't reckon your gearbox mount will solve your problems, but I also found it a bit of a struggle to get that mount changed, I think the nuts are awkward to get at IIRC.

changing rear and gearbox mounts on mine was pretty pointless, even at 150,000 miles, it's the front that takes all the strain on power take up.

I don't reckon your gearbox mount will solve your problems, but I also found it a bit of a struggle to get that mount changed, I think the nuts are awkward to get at IIRC.

changing rear and gearbox mounts on mine was pretty pointless, even at 150,000 miles, it's the front that takes all the strain on power take up.

right ok, guessin its gonna be my clutch then?

oh,so it's normal and not something i did then?!!

:lol: