Sign in to follow this  
rusty bolts

frenchy parts ARGHHHH!!!!!

is it just me or does anything french break im doing an ABF conversion and the crank sensor is made, u guessed it! in france! and i swear its the only french part ive come across and its broken and worn i bought another 2nd hand guess what its broken! the only part VW trusted the french to make and b****ks lol i thought i managed to escape my pug 306 lol but the french keep coming back to haunt me!

Our trusty 205 non-turbo diesel passed another MOT this Feb. It is 18 years old. I was looking for an excuse to deem it uneconomical to repair, as last year service and MOT stuff (disks etc) gave us bill for £600. But we are keeping it just now. Maybe the government will give us a couple of thousand for it some day soon!

Engine is bomb proof. Bits that broke were plastic hook for parcel shelf (twice) - I replaced it with brass cup hook that will outlast car! One window regulator seized. £42 to replace so I cannibalised one from rear window that we hardly use. Sawed in half and rejoined with proper bit for front with JB weld. Ok again. What a cheapskate this car has made me :lol:

Would not buy modern French car, though. Dealers get slated in surveys, but cars sell like hot cakes up here. :confused4:

The old 205!!!!!!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED my other halfs one of those! Even though it was a diesil it was bat out of hell and its jelly susspension made me laght so hard, but somehow made it round the most demanding corners!!! Great fun to drive, i'd buy another one if i had money going spare!!! Good times :D