Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Discs and pads? Avoid/recommend... (Rears)

Ok so thanks to a semi-stuck N/Side rear caliper I now have to do rear discs and pads...

Was thinking just gothe stock VAG route, but wanted some recommendations... on upgrades.

was thinking maybe going Pagid fast road Pads and stock discs? Or should I go grooved?

Also Rebuild stock rear calipers or go mk4?

Your recommendations on what to look for and also what to avoid!

Standard vag disks and pads, or perhaps mintex 1144 pads. Might go vag disks and 1144s all round on my VR if I can find someone selling the pads...

theres been lots of threads on here about this topic, i think the ferrodo "2500" came out tops, discs are all down to personal choice, grooved,dimpled,drilled are ok on the track ,dearer then standard,maybe over the top for "normal" driving ! But look cool behind a decent alloy

you pay your money, you take your choice :wink:

standard rear discs are never going to look cool as they're too small :grin:

the rears will never do enough work to need drills or grooves but i would try to match the style with what ever you have on the front for looks. standard vag discs would be fine i think though. what pads do you have at the front?

oh, and do you want this bumper? ;)

Deffo stick to standard VW for the discs - the grey coating stops them corroding like others and they are only a couple of quid more than pattern ones.

Pads don't really matter at the back imo but if your getting the MK4's then get genuine ones again with the adhesive backings - late MK3 GTI though, not MK4

Deffo stick to standard VW for the discs - the grey coating stops them corroding like others and they are only a couple of quid more than pattern ones.

Pads don't really matter at the back imo but if your getting the MK4's then get genuine ones again with the adhesive backings - late MK3 GTI though, not MK4

or the ATE ones from ECP, which are the same as the VW AFAIK. defo have the same grey coating on.