Sign in to follow this  
Johnkerry

Radiator Top O-Ring.

Hi , Ive been losing water from the G60 for a while now and finally found out where from the O-Ring in the top of the Rad where its held in by two bolts has split and is letting water seep out, can i get a new O-Ring or could i use PTFE tape or something like that ?

Hi mate, you sure can replace that; the problem is that the housing has probably warped too, so you should pick one of those up aswell.

O-ring (part number: 535121687)

Plastic housing (part number 535121647)

Bolt washers x2 (part number N 0122265)

Bolts x2 (part number N 0103664 55mm long, or N 0102228 for the 22mm items)

Whole lot should be around £15 I think.

hope this helps,

Jon.

Thanks for that fella, ill have to get onto my local VW dealer (60miles) monday . Looks like the rarrdo will be off the road for a week or two over a stupid rubber ring :( Is there any sort of temp fix, PTFE any good ?

You could try that, with a dose of silicon sealant. Local tractor dealership might have a suitable O ring in a box of tricks.

You can also buy alloy rad necks from Gruvenparts. They are shiney, don't break, but do transfer heat and cause nasty burns to careless forearms. I have one. :(

Yeah as Toad says, you could try some Hermatite or other instant gasket stuff - auto factors should stock it.

I don't think PTFE / Plumber's tape will do much as there isn't a thread for it to get squeezed against?