Sign in to follow this  
bryant_andy

Is my Satin Silver VR6 still arround?

Hi

I am a long lost Corrado VR6 owner that due to expanding family had to sell his beloved C back in 2003 :(

Does anyone know of it's where abouts and if it is still winning prizes?

Reg No was L363 AVC, 1993 Satin Silver VR6. When I sold it it was very standard and very tidy.

Cheers

Andy (AKA Trim WIzard)

Welcome to the forum, Andy. Lots of happy customers of yours who've had had CAT1 alarms fitted by you post here!

You mean this one?

23042008154 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:2k1c12qx]

Not standard but well looked after!

What's the opposite of sod's law? It must be this as I was thinking of having a new alarm fitted or at least getting my central locking looked at, could kill 2 birds with one stone if I come and see you!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable :clap:

Sure we can sort out my loveley VR6. Where are you based?

And I will of course need to be taken out for a spin.

What have you modified?

YES WAYYYYYYYYY!!!

I'm sure that can be arranged! I'm based in North London so not tooo far I think!?

Well when i bought it, it had been lowered on FK suspension. Miltek exhaust. and loads of Audioscape goodies inside. Looked like this...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPicture_293.jpg[/attachment:2b3iabsw]

Since then I've VSR'd it... BMC'd it...Recaro'd it...been through Solitudes, Borbet Cs & Es and its now on BBS RXs and engine replace with a rebuilt one...

Anyway, Pics...

most recent one on the BBS' needs the wing sorted so will have a few other goodies done at the same time...

Nice mods, simple and subtle, just how I like them.

The Miltek exhaust, clear repeaters and alarm I fitted. Good to know that 6 plus years on they are still working.

I always liked the idea of doing the VSR manifold. Does it work well?

And you mention that the engine was replaced. Did the orginal expire? If so, how many miles did it do? Think I sold it at just under 100,000 miles and it was running sweet then and burnt hardly any oil.

Nice wheels, look good and suit the car well.

Yeah when I bought it it had a debadged grille...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture_292.jpg[/attachment:27zgad11]

Not really my cup of tea so I swapped the original one over from the G60 I had at the time.

The Miltek is still sweet, I fitted a decat which sounds nice and deep whithout being ridiculous! The VSR is quality, when I first had it fitted it was like a mini turbo boost at low revs! Too used to it now but side by side against other VRs you notice it. Oh and the remap from Stealth released the true potential!

The engine never died as such but started to smoke quite badly on the overrun (at about 120k I think) and I was pretty sure it was the valve stem seals. Was going to just have the top end rebuilt but this came along...

DSC00351.JPG[/attachment:27zgad11]

So bought it and had it all fitted and life is good again!

I am SOOOOO pleased that my VR6 lives on and, by the sounds of it, in the right hands.

Let me know with regards to alarm and locking issues as I am sure we can sort something out.

Probably best that we talk via e-mail or phone with regards to alarm issues as we do not want everyone knowing what your VR6 has protecting it! Both my e-mail & phone number are on my web site www.trim-wizard.co.uk

Andy

Yeah, sounds cool. Not sure if it needs an alarm, but will explain more when I contact you Andy.

Want to get the bodywork sorted first really.

Cheers,

Jason

Cheers matey, was only ever after silver or grey...

And yeah the Recaro's were a nightmare to find!

my old vr!!

bryant_andy i remember seeing your name as one of the previous owners, I brought it from i guy in bath/bristol then sold it to JayGT Think its very well cared for. :D

Can we have a AVC reunion :grin:

How you doing Jay?

haha! Any other former owners gonna surface!?

I'm good thanks fella, still got a few ideas for the car but nothing too crazy! How you doing? Back in a Corrado?

On the look out for one (bloody hell!! that'll be me 5th!!) , but back to where it all begain for me......a black 16v 9A

sorry to here bout engine buddy, likin the recaros 8)

Nice pics btw :wink: Oh, an you cant beat abit of family guy :lol:

Jay, I remember when you bought the c, i was telling you bout one of the previous owners that used to concours the car, that be bryant_andy then!!

Christ, i know the other owner & had this car to drive for 2 months, awesome car!

I have a load of pictures from when he last owned it and it was for sale.

Compared to my vr it was a lot quicker 7 its what inspired me to buy a corrado!

That was approx 5-6 years ago i think.

rgds James

Wow!

Knew there'd be more owners or friends of owners along.

James I think I bought the BBS off your mate who was breaking his Mk2 VR! Small world!

Any chance of sending the pics you've got across?

Jason

Yeah that was yoda (Marcus) who is currently working on a mk1 i think.

pm me your email address and i will get them over to you.

rgds James

We should start the AVC fan club :)

When I first saw L363 AVC on the Autotek forcourt I knew it was for me as AVC stood for Andy's V6 Corrado :nuts:

Andy

jboyslick it was i that brought it off your mate (think he brought a boxster?)

He did say it was quicker than yours :lol:

does he still have it, or did he go back to a rado?

Yeah he bought a boxster, then a 911 then a 2wd 966 i think, then a tdi golf and now he wants to buy the silver shark back; if Jay GT will sell it that is???

Otherwise hes loking to buy another silver one.

Nice car though 7 yeah it was quicker than mine! i blamed it on the air con!

Jeeeeeeeeez, turn my head for two secs and possible sale is now the topic of discussion!

Seriously it isn't up for sale, but I guess if i was made a ridiculous offer I'd consider it but not really on the market at the mo.

Cheers

Jay

Jeeeeeeeeez, turn my head for two secs and possible sale is now the topic of discussion!

Seriously it isn't up for sale, but I guess if i was made a ridiculous offer I'd consider it but not really on the market at the mo.

Cheers

Jay

That is how I parted company with AVC as I was rang up out of the blue with an offer to good to refuse. I had just sorted out a daily driver and put AVC on a classic limited milage policy as well!