Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

C/L Problem - Audi A4

Arse, feck, bugger.

I've had my 96 A4 Avant off the road for ages but want to get it back in action.

I went to unlock it and nothing happened when I turned the key in the drivers door, as in nothing at all not even the drivers door unlocked! Fortunately I could unlock the boot and managed to climb into the car and open it from the inside. I'm a bit stumped by this as I would have thought if it was a battery or C/L pump problem then at least the door that i'm trying to open would work but this isn't the case! - can anyone suggest what may be the problem here?

Also, as the car is low on fuel I want to put some in but can't access the fuel filler as the flap is locked! I've pulled off the O/S boot trim and cant seem to find a lever to manually open the flap, and I haven't been able to find anything in the owners manual about how to open the flap in the event of C/L failure - can anyone here tell me if there's a way of opening the flap manually?

I know its not a rado but the C/L system is the same so I thought it'd be worth asking anyone on here for suggestions!

Cheers!

I've got it started up and driven it half a mile but it's got next to no fuel at all in it! - this caused a catch 22 situation as I couldn't get the fuel flap open to put fuel in so I could drive it and get some life in the battery :censored: :lol:

The thing is, is that i'd expect the C/L not to work due to lack of battery, but the lock should work individually from the key in the door which they dont :shrug: - this leads me to believe that it isn't to do with the battery?

The central locking can be a funny bugger. I've had mine playing up before. Does the car have an alarm on it?

Posh VW then? :lol:

I think they still use the funny vaccum central locking. Get her charged right up and see what happens. The issue might get resolved. :shrug:

Yeah it's a vacuum system like on rados etc, and yeah hopefully it's down to lack of charge - the problem being that there's no MOT/TAX on the car so getting it charged it difficult!