Sign in to follow this  
rusty bolts

today is the big day abf conversion

ok so some of you may know i have been planning my ABF conversion for quite some time! the parts have been gathering the engine has been rebuilt and most importantly i finaly have 4 days off work :clap:

tomorrow/today at precisely 9.30am work will start, ok so maybe after a cup of tea or two!

my mate burnt01 on here will be helping out! as we are going for the full conversion using the digi fueling system a lil more wiring will be envolved which is where bunt01 comes in lol (hes the wiring genius) i will try and keep this post updated with a few piccys n comments through the day and no doubt i will be shouting for help before too long , so be prepared for some questions lol

infact i may start of with a quick question, does anybody know if i can use the rear engine mount from my 8v on the abf?

thankyou all in advance for your help and support :)

im going to try getting to sleep now but so many parts of the swap keep goin through my head! ok so night nurse it is then lol

I think late 8v's (golf 2's and Corrados) used the same type of mount as the 16v and G60 Corrado, as long as you have the Corrado subframe and block-to-mounting alloy bracket to match the mount being used, you should be fine.

The engine munting part number seems to be the same for all 4 cyl corrados, so basically use all the 8v bits and you will be fine.

I've heard people modifying the mount and/or bracket to drop the ABF engine by the amount the block is taller than a KR/9A to avoid any exhaust fouling issues from the taller ABF block. But you might get away with it, the head will only be about 15mm higher than on a KR/9A.

ok so well so far keeping an update was harder than i thought lol new engine if fully assembled bar the power steering having a few issues with alternator bracket set up as i was planning on using the 8v alternator! i will get some pics up soon thanks for the tips with the engine mounts by the way put my mind at rest

ok i feel really bad i didnt post up anything through the who;e conversion the last 4 days have been manic literally workin from 9am to 1am for the last 4 days i will write up a much for detailed post in my rebuild thread, but im so HAPPY :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: she is alive started first time and the clever little immobiliser faker chip soldered into the ecu worked a treat on the seat cupra ecu! only thing need to do now is sort exhaust and tune her up a bit! oh and more importantly i currently have no lambda sensor! but it went in all wiring sorted i must say a massive well done to burt01 aka ewan he did the wiring splicing the abf loom into the 8v ady loom! looks so beautiful in the engine bay lol modified clear fuel lines look the dogs danglies :lol: cant wait to have her full running up to spec! cant belive how quickly she stared either literally just like startin your car in the morinin.

I think late 8v's (golf 2's and Corrados) used the same type of mount as the 16v and G60 Corrado, as long as you have the Corrado subframe and block-to-mounting alloy bracket to match the mount being used, you should be fine.

The engine munting part number seems to be the same for all 4 cyl corrados, so basically use all the 8v bits and you will be fine.

I've heard people modifying the mount and/or bracket to drop the ABF engine by the amount the block is taller than a KR/9A to avoid any exhaust fouling issues from the taller ABF block. But you might get away with it, the head will only be about 15mm higher than on a KR/9A.

and yes the mounts fitted perfecty thankyou for ur wise words lol

il try and get sum pics up for you guys to have a gander at lol