Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Is there by any chance more then 4 screw holding the -->

Anyone have any idea if the power steering pump is hold by more then 4 bolts?.

On My VR6 it seem to be sitting like he*** in the bracket, starting to bend the bracket itselfe when trying to pry it out of there.

Also any tips on what's the best way to loosen the A/C Compressor, and maybe how many screws is on it, I think I see 2 ones holdin it but realy not sure....:(

(they are going off due to engine removal)...

6 bolts holding the vr one on I believe. you have to put a socket through the holes in the pulley to get at them.

hmm, ok, I have taken one thru the holes but haven't seen more, will have to take a closer look then....:)

cheers!

yea, but the other one came out without going thru the hole in the wheel.....they are only 4, but it still sits like he******

Any idea about the cost of that bracket, as I'v already broke a small bit of it.....:)

Soon going out again to see if I can get it to move some more....(WD-40 is good to have it seem...lol)

On the early model there are five from memory, three on the pulley side and two on the easy side, should just prise out, but crack the union first, the bracket will be expensive from the dealer no doubt, try a breaker

this is a 95 model, but any idea if it's the same bracket on a car with A/C and one without ? (as I have one old bracket on another engine laying around here...:) ) (The bracket on the other engine only seem to have 4 bolts on the power steering pump).

What's the "union" ?

Been working on this ba** for quite some time, and it won't come out, eventually have to break the bracket I guess......tryed to start working from the top, removing the alternator first, but can't reach the bottom bolt on the A/C compressor...:(

VR6s only have 4 bolts holding the PAS pump the bracket.

Why yours is bent is anyone's guess!! Good luck with that!

Does the PAS work OK? Pump not siezed or anything?

yea, the pump works find, it was me who bent the bracket, or rather I eventually broke a piece of it, but still can't get this freakin pump out, it's been soaked with WD40 but still no luck.......have called it a day for tonight, will continue tomorrow....:)

Any tricks welcome.....I think it's because the car have been sitting still quite much during it's life time.....I see many bolts also got much corrosion etc, but luckily the body itselfe is in great condition, pulling the engine now to fresh it up, change the chain, fresh up the drivetrain ++++++....:)

Bizarre that. When I took my pump off, I just undid the 4 bolts that I could see and it just dropped down out of the bracket!!

yea, would hope it should do that, but all the aluminium on the car have all these white "salt" dots on it (why much of it will get powdercoated), or blasted and set in with WD40 as I'v been tipped about. So hopefully will work out in the end..lol...:)

Just checked mine, K reg Vr6, ABV code. 3 bolts holding pump need to be removed through the holes in the pulley mounted at roughly 6/ 9/and 12oclcock. Just two bolts on the easy sidePAS pump 002.JPG[/attachment:1mm4x9um]

The union holds the feed pipe in place. Did they change the setup on the later models :shrug:

hehe, yea, found out today, ther was one ba*** hiding for me, took me 5 minutes after a fresh start today....ohh well....:)

Well done, what you planning, sand/bead blasting brackets and air intake, engine paint etc.?

Edit, just read the post, already explained. My advice would be to leave the bottom end alone if it seems ok, after 105,000 miles mine didnt need rebuilding but having stripped it did it anyway. Just do the chains, clutch and pehaps head rebuild somewhere reputable!

yea, not doing the bottom end, only blasting the block and paint it, atleast the plan, will do chain and clutch, and blast the intake etc, blast the drivetrain and paint it, and treat it inside with some underseal cover. changing all the bearings etc......:)

It sounds simple doesn't it :lol: you will have hours of fun and swearing, but the sense of satisfaction when its done is brill. I just can't decide when its finally done, cant seem to stop, its like an addiction :shock:

sorry to hijack the thread but I've been watching out for Bruny to log on and post up.... trying the sense how things are going....

Wondering whether we will be seeing your VR at Stanford?

Bother.. just missed him... still wondering then

hehe, yea I bet it will be more swearing coming up, well, atleast the engine is soon out.........only the fuel lines left, and ready for lift off I think.....:)

Finaly got the engine out, now it's only the rest left.....hehe.........how is the best way to blast the engine, and any special places that should be "covered" up.

As the engine sits now it still got quite a bit of bits and pieces on it, is it best to remove as much as possible before blasting or?.

Cheers!

I didnt dare sandblast the engine, I used wire brushes on the drill, was worried about sand getting places it shouldn't.

All ancillaries were removed and then sand blasted and bead blasted in a cabinet before finishing with WD40.

Used acid etch primer on the block then a coat of satin black, but to be fair I haven't covered more than 25miles so haven't tested the durability yet.

It would be sensible to have alternator/starter motor/ injectors etc serviced while they are off, rebuild with new stainless nuts and bolts etc, good luck :D

hmmm, maybe I should hold off on the blasting of the engine?, was thinking of closing all open areas and vacume/blow it with air afterwards, before opening anything, byt might not be a good idea?.

Do you have any pics from before, during and after the burshes/coating ?

Rather than posting again the pictures are on my members gallery, if you scroll through 'Restoration project K931 RBV'

Its due for an update having dropped the motor to have a few issues sorted, hoping to have it back shortly :clap: but probably on page three or four by now!!

Here is an after shot anyway :Dunderseal engine 005.JPG[/attachment:hme76q63]

ok, thnx, dis you happen to get the rubber "bearings" that fit on the parts I marked with red circles on your pic new?.....I was at a local stealership today, and they said it was discontinued, so if anyone know if it's still possible to get them new, it would be greatly appreciated.

Enginestriprightdown006.jpg?t=1240925199

hmm, he found them in the parts program, but when he was trying to put in an order it said discontinued, however I'm a bit unsure if some have trouble using these order systems, if anyone is in a stealership in the uk one day, maybe one could ask to check ?......:), would be nice to get it original, but maybe febi is much the same quality?....