Sign in to follow this  
GaVR6in

Any ideas

I have replaced the clutch on my C and when i got it back it judders when you get biting point on the clutch, so I replaced the fly wheel and another new clutch but the problem is still there. If I give it some revs at biting point it does not happen any ideas pleeeease.

It is quite noticable, but if you hold the clutch in the same place where it judders but give it some slight revs it stops?

I'd have thought a very slight judder was because it was a brand new clutch, it'll go with time. If it's more pronounced than maybe it's very slightly out of alignment. The fact it's going once you give it slight revs I'd favour that it's all ok, just bed it in over a few thousand miles and see how it goes. Definitely nothing to worry about I think so cheer up! :lol:

Well the garage reckon that all mounts are ok and if the clutch wasn't lined up correctly the gears box would not go on and the drive shaft is alll tight so still no idea :shrug: any more suggestions welcome :)

Gav, what make was the clutch?

Could be a cheap one that's slightly out of true and will bed in as Mic says..

I am working the late shift this week again so wont be able to make it, if I havent sorted it I will be at herts dubs.

As some off you may know I am having slight trouble with the Gararge and my corrado, they think now it could be the diff causing problems. Because the engine was sitting scu wiff (dont know how long for) due to the engine mount bracket being held in with one bolt , the drive shaft would have been slightly out of line and it could have damaged the diff bearings or some thing like that. Do you think this is possible. Please give me your thoughts.

Mine clutch action has been exactly the same since I replaced my clutch and I know nothing could of been strained. I figured I would just live with it for 20,000 miles and see what happens.

my clutch has a judder too sometimes, but its old.

whats weird is my dads new audi a3 had it, when you reverse up the drive in the morning, its been to audi loads and they couldn't find anything, and the chaps from audi have come here to see if its our driveway at fault :lol: