Sign in to follow this  
Dave.Warlord

Getting carried away...FINISHED!!!!

Right heaters are blowing hot now. It was an air lock :)

But the wierd blowing sound is doing my head in. I cant feel it blowing anywhere. From the top it sounds like its coming from the exhaust/inlet manifold and from underneath it sounds like the downpipe somewhere. Would it make wierd blowing noises if the timing needed setting up properly?

If it was leaking at the exhaust manifold then it would make a strange ticking noise, if it was timing then the noise would appear to come from the inlet manifold. When my exhaust manifold was leaking (on another car) i really thought it was coming from the downpipe . I would check the exhaust mani bolts then work to the back, downpipe and all the other joints, in a garage because of echoe it may be difficult to assess............... :grin:

Soz for the late reply but my internet has been playing up.

Can't check anything at the mo as while setting the timing last week my charger started making a droning noise. I whipped the one side of the casing apart to find a few small pieces of metal in it. Sent it straight down to Darren & co at G-Werks and heard today that it looks like something has passed through it and done some serious damage. It wouldn't be so bad but the car aint been anywhere. I bought the charger second hand for £400 which had aparently only done 2k since a stage 4 rebuild and since fitting its been started 3 or 4 times and just left to idle.

Did something get lodged in it? Something in the airbox?.... or did the guy I bought it from rip my pants down? Answers on a postcard.

My only hope now is that Rob can rebuild me a charger using some parts from my old charger which I will send down to him tomorrow.

Yet another massive kick in the stones (and the wallet)

I've now gone right passed being pi$$ed off and moved straight on to going insane :cuckoo:

All Done :D

Runnin really lumpy and have to give it a bit of throttle to start. Had a fiddle with the timing but think it needs to go somewhere and be setup. Maybe midland VW.

Big thanks to everyone for all the advise advise...... think I'm gonna do the rear now :lol:

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02495.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

Good to hear....:)

On my way to do the rear as well........still not finished with the front but......lol :)

It will never end.......;)

Thought that I'd update whats been done over the last year.

Fitted red tops, 65mm pulley and an sns. Had the outer lips and centre nuts of my wheels polished and all the bolts chromed.

After alot of messing around with my timing issues and teething problems (long story) got her running sweet as a nut and finally got my wheels back on the C last Saturday. Thought I'd go to the Tatton Park show on Sunday.

Agreat day out went from this.....

DSC03971.jpg

To this.....

DSC03979.jpg

Crank pulley bolt snapped on the motorway about 10 miles from the show.

This is the 3rd time in 10 years now and its getting old :bad-words:

I managed to get the snapped bolt out today but I'll be very suprised if the valves aint bent

How many more rebuilds can one car have........ :(

Dude i have just thread the whole thread and what a way to end :-(

hope it isnt terminal.

dave

Na mate its not the end. It'll never end.....

A Corrado's for life, not just for chrismas.

If its screwed its the perfect excuse for a big valve head :grin:

ah man that is a bummer, good you're focusing on the opportunity rather than the hassle tho :)

hope its not all bad when you get it stripped.