Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

what to do with my rado

basically I got 2 rado's, one is my daily the other is doing nothing in a barn which I rent. The car is for sale on here and local forums. No interest at all. Its got no tax or MOT either. It doesnt really go to well. I've not really driven it since I bought my daily due to running crap. Could really do with the money from a sale to

What can I do, I dont really see myself being able to brake it so thats not really an option

only thing i would suggest is either put a ticket and tax on it and get it running right or break it.

what engine is in it? if you really dont want to break it you might need to spend some money on it to get it right. Keeping it and letting it rot away is a bit of a waste. either that or make it a project car for some serious power and looks seeing as you don't actually need it... R32/VR6T/1.8T something like that?

its a difficult one buddy, i recently found myself in the same situation and decided that i would break it, i picked up another rado for not a lot of money at all with no tax and mot but has a full service history and 140k on the clock, general condition is very good with no major dents, couple of small car park dings in the doors but even they arent that bad. the whole thing cost me less then the price of a standard wheel refurb at bjv!

ur best bet if your trying to sell it is put it on ebay with a low reserve, no offence but i think what your asking for the car given its got no mot and tax is too much, you can pick up a running 16v with tax and mot for under a grand..

and a fairly good vr for less then £2k.

hth..

Sell everything on it that it doesn't need to actually run or be driven, use the money from that to get it running, taxed and tested then go track it!

nick

well Ive not changed the price since the mot ran out so it would be worth changing. also ebay might work. I would like to change the engine to just need some cash, really dont think anybody would buy it with the way the motor runs right now

is it on the register from accident ?

what is exacly wrong with it?

have you though about the scrappage scheme doh!!

and best suggestion is if you havnt done many miles since last mot get a ticket tax it and flog it on problem you have is it will need trailoring

I probably drove it for 2 months after the mot, then bought my current rado. Think the timing is out or something, or the mixtures arent right, it has been in an accident but I fixed it up myself, I do have a for sale thread with more info.