Sign in to follow this  
VR6Joni

Better time to buy a Corrado????

Has anybody else noticed that now seems a very good time to buy a Corrado?

Especially the VR6's have got to be pretty much one of the best smiles/pound drives you can possibly get at the moment.

I'm almost tempted to buy another just so I can keep mine nice.

What else can I say other than I wish I was buying one now. Look below for what I'm up to now, I wouldn't be doing this if I thought I could buy a car with the same fun factor for the same dosh.

PS. I tried driving an M3 and a 3.2 A3 quattro recently and just loved getting back into the C.

No Sh!t

There's never a bad time to buy a Corrado :lol:

I hear ya though, some real peaches out there now for good money.

That said, it is good to see the mint cars with low mileage and top condition still holding 4k figures.

Call me crazy, but I'd still spend 4k on a VR if it was 10/10 across the board.

As for smiles per miles, you mentioned an M3, i just got rid of a 1999 Audi S3 and it wasn't a patch on the VR in almost all departments, looks, handling, speed, feel etc.

PS. I tried driving an M3 and a 3.2 A3 quattro recently and just loved getting back into the C.

No Sh!t

I know what you mean by that. Neither are cars you would lock up, walk away and then turn back for a 2nd or 3rd glance. You'd just keep walking. I'd happily own either though, but it would be like a brother / sister relationship, rather than the seductive mistress that the Corrado is, sapping you of all your energy and money and yet you always want more of her and can't stop looking at her arse.

No Sh!t

I know what you mean by that. Neither are cars you would lock up, walk away and then turn back for a 2nd or 3rd glance. You'd just keep walking. I'd happily own either though, but it would be like a brother / sister relationship, rather than the seductive mistress that the Corrado is, sapping you of all your energy and money and yet you always want more of her and can't stop looking at her arse.

LOL

Now that is some funny $hit.

So true so true..

It is a good time to buy a Corrado no doubt about it.

Not only are they cheap to buy, but compared to other performance hot hatchbacks, etc maintenance and running costs are fairly good - especially service parts. Insurance still bites a little but fuel economy is reasonable, consumables (brakes / oil / filters / tyres) are sensibly priced especially if you compare to cars now coming with 17/18" wheels as standard!