Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Fans cut out after 10/20 seconds

My fans come on fine at 92 but only stay on for a short period of time. At first I put this down to the fact I had the bonnet open and it was cooling down so I shut it and let it go up to just over 100. I then opened the bonnet up again, but the fans kept cutting out. I expected them to keep going until the temperature drops or at least stabilises? :scratch:

Anyone got any ideas what's going on? I have tried a search but nothing really came up with these symptoms...also I have the electrical aptitude of a gazelle so wouldn't know how to go about testing things so an idiots guide would help! :salute:

btw what happened to the definitive cooling guide? i tried to search for it but came up with nothing.

See, I don't think this is a problem. As long as the temp is being kept stable...

Well, the temps have definitely crept up recently, it never used to run this hot...still doesn't quite reach 110, but living in London and sitting in traffic lots I'm certain its not helping! And no, I don't think its the weather either :p

I just wanna know if everyone's does this or is it an electrical fault somewhere?

I think this is normal. It switches based on the temperature of the water in the rad, remember, and the rad water is the part that's directly receiving the cooling effect, so unless your fans are pathetic they'd be able to cool the litre or two that's in there.