Sign in to follow this  
-=Kris=-

New numberplate from demonplates.com

yey! i have shiny new numberplate on my car! and i got em 1/2 price too!

got them from a webby called http://www.demonplates.com

really good site, and completely road legal... just go on the site, choose what you want and a slogan and if anything is not road legal, they'd take it off...

what yall think?

Hmm nice. I especially like the fact your border is perfectly placed. I had some made a while back but the border was off centre so when I pointed this out the shop made me another pair without any border (for free of course) as they said they couldn't guarantee it being perfectly placed!

Anyway,

I wasn't sure about them being totally legal as I thought they had to show where they had been made i.e. postcode or reference number of licensed producer.

But I looked at the site, saw the terms / conditions saying they provide details to police & DVLA of all plates made etc etc and thought they must be OK so I've ordered some too :)

Thats what i thought, but then i noticed it has those details in very small writing in the bottob right corner...

tho i'm not too sure about the VW badge... would that be legal???

VW badge... hmm not sure and don't think so!

Other sites list the legal options as the Union Jack, Eng, Scot, Ireland flags only.

Oh well, I'm sure you will be fine. There are a hell of a lot of very obviously none legal plates travelling around the country that deserve to be picked upon before yours.

I was checking out the DVLA laws on numberplates and the only thing that they mentioned about what was not allowed was football club team crests...

ahh well... i'm not too fussed... it looks cool! :D

Not sure why the VW wouldnt be legal. The left side for the Euro bit is only by your choice, you could leave it blank. The main thing is to have the correct lettering and spacing between those letters. If you go making a plate wider and putting stuff on, I cant see why it'd be illegal.

How much were they?

Signam who makes most plates for the likes of Halfords etc are in Warwick; I had a set made for the Corrado and were half the price of Halfords at about £8.00 each, but included boarder, EU, carbon letters - all legal, becuase Signam refuse to make illegal plates.

bit on law.

By the way, I used those sticky pads too to fix them, like you have - much neater. But on the front, theres a bit of a curve, so Signam supplied me both thick and thin pads; so the thin went in the middle.

That looks nice, but a little busy. I would have maybe not had the EU sign at the side and had either just the border or the words....but hey, its not my car!

didn't really have a choice if i wanted to go for the VW logo... they didn't have it without the euro symbol... i don't mind it really...

That looks nice, but a little busy. I would have maybe not had the EU sign at the side and had either just the border or the words....but hey, its not my car!

Ditto. But nothing like new plates to spruce up your car a little, for not a lot of dollar!

I just made a pair up, it was gonna cost £41.00 :nuts: obviously no longer half price

oh i should have mentioned... the only reason i got em for 1/2 price is cos a mate of mine has got a plate for his bike and got 1/2 off his next purchase...lol :clap: :clap:

like I say, Signam do them for half that price, and its no discount, its just walk in and buy. Got to take your V5 etc with you. I really dont think they get many people in off the street; its mostly bulk stuff. So yeh, they'd do two for 15. So if you live within 20 mile or so, its worth it.