Sign in to follow this  
FenderSi

My new 2.0 16v with flip paint!!

Hello all,

Have just become a Corrado owner after years of waiting, its a K reg 1992 which was originally white but has been custom resprayed "Blue/Red" (In different lights it goes anything between Purple and Gold!) It has been lowered 35mm and put on 16" Matrix Alloys. Car was a good buy and I'm hoping to keep improving the little bits that need it until its as good as it can be!

I am in the Worthing, West Sussex area and would quite like to get involved with the club scene if there are any local meets at all? Would also be nice to meet some other enthusiasts who can give the car a more expert going over. Ideally I'd like to get hold of the guy who had the main work done, so if you see this please PM me!

Simon

Hello all,

Have just become a Corrado owner after years of waiting, its a K reg 1992 which was originally white but has been custom resprayed "Blue/Red" (In different lights it goes anything between Purple and Gold!) It has been lowered 35mm and put on 16" Matrix Alloys. Car was a good buy and I'm hoping to keep improving the little bits that need it until its as good as it can be!

I am in the Worthing, West Sussex area and would quite like to get involved with the club scene if there are any local meets at all? Would also be nice to meet some other enthusiasts who can give the car a more expert going over. Ideally I'd like to get hold of the guy who had the main work done, so if you see this please PM me!

Simon

Welcome! Funky paint job. Now I've got to pop along and take a look at this.

Feel free to pop over and have a look at the car if you want, just let me know with a PM. (I won't be around from Tuesday until the end of June)

Just given it a clean round under the bonnet and the interior etc, found a few more trim bits that need replacing/putting in but as yet it still seems to be a very good buy. Still need to find some info on the PAS and its settings, and possibly consider finding a new drivers seat as this one has a rip and some wear. Maybe I'm just being picky now!

I went to have a look and it's a very nice, well looked after car. And I think the paint job does suit the car too.

I saw the title and got worried, but wow, that works rather well!

I think monoblocks would suit it brilliantly if you're thinking about changing the wheels (not that you need to)

anything done to the interior or engine?

Yeah thanks, I was equally surprised - only went to see the car as another comparison really and it had to be mine. Engine is stock, interior is also almost standard, hes put some tweeters in and I'll probably remove those at some point and get things looking to my own taste. I'm definitely going to change the wheels at some point, but as they came on the car they will stay for now.

What did you mean by Monoblocks specifically, the only ones I've seen are Brabus Mercedes wheels? I was thinking perhaps some wider rims, not quite chrome but close, in no rush to decide yet!

I don't believe it. I was going to go and have a look at this rado, but my mate stitched me up at the last minute so couldn't go. Located in Guildford yeah? Hope the car is all that you wanted it to be! :D

Yeah it was in Guildford. I only chanced upon the car after someone pointed out to me that insurance was about the same for 2.0 and 1.8s and I opened up my search for these too. Car hasn't had any real problems and the paint is a lot better than the pictures he had put up for it! Sorry if I stole it from under your nose - good luck with whatever you get/got too! Rado ownership seems to be excellent fun, if a little problematic at times.

Looking good, I'm down your way at the weekend in mine but it's for a wedding on the A27, won't really have time to take a butchers.

Its not TVR stuff, but quite similar looking - a lot more purple and no green in it. Sadly I haven't yet managed to get hold of the paint code or details from the bloke who had it done - expense is a major concern but its almost all in top condition still so I'm just going to work on keeping it that way!

Ironic that you should say you're going to be on the A27 - you might be able to see my car if its the venue I think it is!!

nice, paint looks well, always makes you look twice that flip stuff

Thanks for the heads up, sadly its my best mates Birthday do so I won't get along - would be amused to see what B.H.P. a stock car is pushing out after 15 years (guessing about 110ish - its still goes well).

I often head through Steyning on my random excursions over the downs; the road between the Steyning, A24/Washington and then off up to Bury Hill is a favourite if you know it? Ill keep my eyes peeled and there seems to be a fair few Rados locally - maybe think about sorting out a meet over the summer? Be nice to meet people in the area and there are plenty of spots to chose from.

Thanks for the heads up, sadly its my best mates Birthday do so I won't get along - would be amused to see what B.H.P. a stock car is pushing out after 15 years (guessing about 110ish - its still goes well).

they can be suprising :) , my old 2ltr 16v was stock and put out 148bhp and was on 145000 miles :)

Thought I'd post some pictures of the new wheels on the car - a months hard labour, but money well spent. Corrado's just suit Borbet As! Will be selling the others if anyone wants them they will be on the other section of the forum.

Yeah, the wheels I always dreamed of - never expected it to become a reality really. They are 16x7.5Js. I think the 9s would be too wide for the arches...also ironic that todays banner picture is another rado on Borbet As!!

nice 8) a slim spacer will make them sit in the arch even better