Sign in to follow this  
jaded2882

New capri

And Rocco MK1 & MK2 enthusiasts thought they got the shaft with the new Scirocco!! If I was a fan of the original Capri, I'd be pretty upset!

yeh no homage at all there, seems there just cashing in the brand rather than emulating

not bad looking tho

I don't get it.

How can they launch a car that looks like 90% of every other car made today and just stick a 'retro' name on it.

It doesn't look anything like it's evolved from a Capri. (As the Scirocco didn't AFAICS as far as I can see )

At least the Mini, Beetle (can't think of any others at the mo) looked like modern versions of their name.

Sorry, rant over :censored:

I don't get it.

How can they launch a car that looks like 90% of every other car made today and just stick a 'retro' name on it.

It doesn't look anything like it's evolved from a Capri. (As the Scirocco didn't AFAICS as far as I can see )

At least the Mini, Beetle (can't think of any others at the mo) looked like modern versions of their name.

Sorry, rant over :censored:

Your so right, you can just see the thought processes behind it..........."new model much the same as the others, retro name = CASH! :cuckoo:

I prefer that to the Focus tbh, i'd rather own one of them over the focus.

Though as said, if i was a fan of the old capri i would be disgusted. Its just a modern shaped car with the capri name :? At least the Fiat 500 and mini look like the car they're based on - even if i hate the new mini, too common :lol:

Well, it is AutoExpress, who more than on one occasion have proved their news announcements with pictures of what a new model may look like to be wrong, i.e. their original in-house artist impressions of what the new Scirocco might look like (which in actual fact I actually preferred to what we ultimately got from VW) were wrong, so there's hope yet for the Capri :D

Tempest

Yuck :gag: looks like they redesigned the Focus, but as that's still doing well, they chucked the Capri name badge on it instead. Funny how the photo of the Puma they posted looks more like the old Capri than the 'new' one! :cuckoo:

I'd be very surprised if they actually call that a Capri....

Exactly,there has always been talk of the NEW Capri since the Capri was retired in 87,and we've had the Probe,Puma and Cougar Coupes in all those intervening years,aside from the Puma,both the Probe and Cougar which were the closest to the Capri in concept/size weren't exactly big sellers,so tbh i can't see a Focus based coupe being one either

Agree with the common word so far, including Judith; its just another jump on a classic name, but with common looks; as too was the Scirocco.

Glad to see they call it a hatch - it is; but probably will be taller in real life. Kind of like the look of it though, in a small way. Wonder if the price will plump between the Megane and Scirocco; as those two are worlds apart. Build quality going to be on par with the focus? Hmm; pay for what yu get.

Prefer the look of it here. But looks a bit fat here; no, not phat, lol. They all look the same from behind Im tellin yu... (although this is a bit more boxey and retro). Spot the coupe: cold 1, warm 2, very warm3, hot 4

What the fudge is that?!?!

Did anyone see the new Capri concept pics out last year? I cant for the life of me find them, but it looked like a little like a baby mustang, now something like that would be cool, but that thing looks like a cross between a focus and a citroen people carrier!

Just one question... Why?

No relationship to capri at all... Would have been better to call it the Ford Scirocco Type-R....

On the plus side though... I sincerely hope ALL the manufacturers keep churning out samey samey cars ... Keeps mine standing out as something different!

Yay! Go Ford!!! :clap:

So was that entire piece an advert or an editorial?

It's hard to tell when the guy that wrote it seems so far up Ford's ass that he's licking their tonsils.

New Capri in comparison to old Capri = :epicfail:

What the fudge is that?!?!

Did anyone see the new Capri concept pics out last year? I cant for the life of me find them, but it looked like a little like a baby mustang, now something like that would be cool, but that thing looks like a cross between a focus and a citroen people carrier!

this it??

Prefer the look of it here.