Sign in to follow this  
morton038

VR6 CONVERTION PROBLEMS........

Hi there all,

I am having major problems with my Rado thats been converted from 1.8 16V to the mighty VR6 which came from a Golf. The car is in :ignore: street at the moment both inside and out. the problem with the engine is that i dont not seen to be firing on all cycliders and the oil stinks of petrol. i have VAG COM but the car only has has the black port and not the white one? is this normal? when the car does start the whole engine shacks and runs like its go a bag of spaners in it. :help: .

Any ideas????

thanks all

Right, mine has recently done something similar to this. Firstly if you look out the exhaust is it chucking white smoke out? Is the mpg horrendously bad?

With mine, an injector was stuck open causing it to flood the cylinder and run on 4/5 cylinders. If you take the inlet off etc, take the injectors out and rest them somewhere you can see them firing (obviously put some wrag down or be careful when removing and installing injectors, you don't want to wreck the seals) and then put it in the ignition position, see if any of the injectors are firing, if one is constantly firing theres your problem. If this happens try then unplugging the injector and try it again to see if its electrical or mechanical.

there are other options to check but theres one for starters

Check you've got a spark on all 6 plugs, possible failed coil pack.

Check injectors as described in above post.

Check compression on all cylinders is within limits.

Change your oil and filter - this won't help it run, but as it's contaminated with petrol it will have lost most of it's lubrication properties.