Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

G60 Oil Feed Line With Poor Flow to Charger

Hi All,

Has anyone ever tested the oil feed line for the G60 to see how much oil flows through it?

The reason I ask is that I have my engine sitting on a stand just now, having changed the sump/oil pump - I thought it would be a good idea while the timing belt was off, to spin the intermediate shaft with a drill to make sure that there were no air locks in the oil system. I did this in a couple of stages:

1) Get oil out at the sandwich plate for the cooler

2) attach the oil cooler at one end to purge the dirty oil in it

3) keep the pump spinning till there's oil up in the charger, and coming out the return

Stages 1 & 2 were fine, but after a load of spinning there was nothing out of the charger, so I checked the charger end of the feed line, and it was just dripping and no more. I detached the feed line at the cylinder head and when i spun the drill up, a column of oil flowed strongly out of the head. So the new oil feed line gives almost nothing to the charger, and the old feed line gives a little bit more - but no where near enough in my opinion.

It's aftermarket braided ones that I have, so i'm going to buy a genuine one this week to see how it compares - i'll update you all.

Has anyone ever tested this out?

Cheers

Andrew

Sorry I can't help but who the hell are you??? :shrug:

Good to see you back fella :wave:

Hi All,

Has anyone ever tested the oil feed line for the G60 to see how much oil flows through it?

The reason I ask is that I have my engine sitting on a stand just now, having changed the sump/oil pump - I thought it would be a good idea while the timing belt was off, to spin the intermediate shaft with a drill to make sure that there were no air locks in the oil system. I did this in a couple of stages:

1) Get oil out at the sandwich plate for the cooler

2) attach the oil cooler at one end to purge the dirty oil in it

3) keep the pump spinning till there's oil up in the charger, and coming out the return

Stages 1 & 2 were fine, but after a load of spinning there was nothing out of the charger, so I checked the charger end of the feed line, and it was just dripping and no more. I detached the feed line at the cylinder head and when i spun the drill up, a column of oil flowed strongly out of the head. So the new oil feed line gives almost nothing to the charger, and the old feed line gives a little bit more - but no where near enough in my opinion.

It's aftermarket braided ones that I have, so i'm going to buy a genuine one this week to see how it compares - i'll update you all.

Has anyone ever tested this out?

Cheers

Andrew

speak to g-werks about this - they always replace one of the lines (think it's the feed) on any charger rebuild they do, as it's crap as standard...

Nothing wrong with standard.....thets what G-werks and jabba use to replace them anyway....

you sure about that - i read somewhere on here that they use a line that flows better as the OEM item isn't all the great and gets clogged over time...

i could be wrong, but that's defo what i read on here somewhere a while back.

guess you'd have to speak to g-werks...

Sorry I can't help but who the hell are you??? :shrug:

Good to see you back fella :wave:

Cheers mate! Long time no speak! I trust u r well?

I've dropped a note to g-werks to see if they can help - atm I think that I have a faulty oil feed line... I'll keep u posted.

Stick with OE/Original quality...Its got the correct bore/length to provide adequate flow/pressure to the charger.

Neil.

Good to see you on here again Andy!

Yep, another vote for standard here - only £30 or so....

Regular (3k MIles) oil changes are key to longevity