Sign in to follow this  
yeti

KW New HLS Hydrolic Lift System??

Just seen on the back of pvw this month kw are advertising a very cool looking system, the hls range of coilys that have ana dditional hydrolic cylinder on the side to remotely (and at speed up to 50mph) raise and lower the car up to 45mm... bye bye speed hump problems! be just like a ferrari now 8)

http://www.kw-gmbh.de/uk/30_Products/21_KW_HLS/index.php

Anyone else seen this and got any opinions on it. I've emailed thir tech dept this eve and hope to hear back soon as i need to order my new suspension and i was all se ton v3's untill i saw these, i'll post up what they say soon hopefully!

Well id say if anyone can put a good quality kit togther like this, then KW probably can.

I was also looking into new coilovers because i now hate konigsports after only 20k miles or so...These would definately be of interest to me. Every day, 4/5 times a day i have to take a stupidly long route to avoid massive speed bumps, i still come across some that take some overly slow approach/angle...so these would maybe be quite handy for me.

I was considering KW's anyway too.

well the mk3 vr6 syncro v3's come in at around £1050 and clubsprots £1350 so i'd hope they are no more than the clubsports!

The bumpf in the ad seems to suggest you can buy it to fit to an existing coilover kit, so I think you can add quite a lot onto the price of the V3s or clubsport.

The pump, the little rams, the lines etc must be pushing £1000 I'd have thought... Plus if you're worried about how low you can go, you'll lose the a certain amount of drop.

Yep they are mega expensive the the little bit it can be raised, they are not like air or hydraulics with regard to how far they can move.

yeah, just seemed kind of cool as its a fairly simple system just needs expensive harware i guess, still i'll wait till i hear back from them as to what decision i make but looking at it again its retro fittable to current units i think i'll probably get bored and order the v3's at the start of next week!

If you want your car to handle properly then you will not be low enough to warrant these.

v true! and at least for the time being i havent got adjustable toe on the rear swing arms as i cant be arsed to spend out on the kit and new bushes untill i know how it sits as is

Dude, i looked into these a while back when they were first advertised on KW site, i got a serious shock when i heard rough prices. So prepare yourself. :norty:

If you want your car to handle properly then you will not be low enough to warrant these.

Exactly with 4wd you aren't going to be super low, unless you want to keep knocking the driveshafts out!

In fact you'll probably be 10-15mm higher than it was in VR guise!

Yep they are mega expensive the the little bit it can be raised, they are not like air or hydraulics with regard to how far they can move.

You'd be surprised what a 45mm suspension lift translates into as actual vehicle height, plus the difference between hitting something and not hitting something is sometimes only mm.

As a guess I reckon they'll be over £2000. That electronic hardware doesn't look cheap! They're popular in Germany on 911 GT3s etc though.

Didnt realise they raised that much, last i looked it was 20mm max.

Either way they are still not needed and you would guess right at those prices.