asummerz

all red rear lights?

do it yourself, its pretty easy... wash, sand, wash, spray, laquer, stand back and admire :D

The OEM rears were never available as all reds, so any set you see will have been sprayed, so you might as well do it yourself and save a bundle of cash.

it is pretty quick and easy... do it on OEM standard lights...;

1/ using a stanley blade (only) run it along all the risen bits on the lights and chip them off (£2 odd anywhere)

2/ sand down with 400 (medium) wet and dry grit paper (£2 from halfords)

3/ sand down with 800 (fine) wet and dry grit paper (£2 from halfrods)

4/ wash down lights and mask them up (£1 for masking tape)

4/ spray lights with "savage red light tint" spray, do a few coats, take your time and do correct motions (£8 ebay etc)

5/ spray lights with a coat or 2 of laquer (£7 odd halfords etc)

6/ fit back to your car and admire!!

then you could paint your indicator bulbs green so they light up orange...

its not hard, just takes a little while, but they do come up good!! give it a go, for 20 odd quid its worth it!! the hard part is spraying them, take your time and do it right first time, GOOD LUCK!!

can i add to the instructions above that after you lacquer flat back with 1200 wet n dry to get rid of orange peel or they will never look factory. then bring shine back with polish of your choice - I used t-cut, then scratch-x then megs gold class

they should look like this then:

100_1169.jpg

100_1172.jpg

also the green bulb route is pants. first they don't really shine through that orange, second they are dim and third the quality of the ones available is also pants - the set i got had uneven green paint meaning the light was not even. LED ones are MUCH better in brightness and colour. just make sure you get the ones with LEDs all around them

Got a link or more detail for these green LED 'bulbs'? do they fit where the standard bulbs go?

wow good information!! your lights look mint!! and the LED bulbs does seem the way to go

cheers the key really is to put as many coats of lacquer on as you can, not only is it harder than the savage paint and so will last longer but it means you don't have to worry to much about the finish you achieve - as you will be flatting with the wet n dry to give the smooth finish (more lacquer means less chance of hitting tinting spray and then having to start again.

yours do look the best i have ever seen!!! my mates done his and he defo needs to rub his down!!

how many coats of tint and laquer you got on them?? did you need 2 cans of savage spray??

How about the reverse lights, surely these will glow red now?

well yeah they do, you can mask over them and leave them, or be hardcore and spray them :norty:

yeah they do but reverse lights aren't an MOT requirement so will just take both bulbs our or put my set of originals on when the time comes

How about the reverse lights, surely these will glow red now?

well yeah they do, you can mask over them and leave them, or be hardcore and spray them :norty:

Hehee, I guess I could do that, but fit a buzzer just in case! LOFL!

Going to have a go at this, i've bought a second-hand set of lights so can take my time and get it right or if i get it wrong i'll just bin them. Just to clarify a couple of points,

how many coats of red is best to do?

how many coats of lacqure is best?

will the indicator still flash orange with using the standard bulb?

cheers, i'll take some photos to show how i get on

Iv just sprayed mine! Definately worth the time and effort!

I need help with the indicators. They are flashing RED (obviously) :roll:

How can i get them to flash Amber??? MOT due soon so i need to get it sorted :cry:

Iv just sprayed mine! Definately worth the time and effort!

I need help with the indicators. They are flashing RED (obviously) :roll:

How can i get them to flash Amber??? MOT due soon so i need to get it sorted :cry:

nice dude post some pics soon !

got all my gear to do it now soo hopefully should be done on the weekend!

Just a thought - how would the rears look with red internal lights (ie with the reverse light) and the red/crystal external ones (with the indictors)? Can anyone photoshop this?