Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

carbon bonnets......any issues?

I did have my name down on the group buy for one of the carbon bonnets from performance trim, unfortunately i had to hand in my notice at my previous job as the daily 200 mile round trip was starting to take its toll, so i had to pull out of the group buy.

Now I am settled into my new job and my bank balance is looking a bit healthier I am considering getting the carbon bonnet again, I just wanted to know if anyone had any quality or fitment issues with the performance trim bonnets?

Also any opinions for or against a carbon bonnet on a tornado red corrado?

Got a full performance trim Carbon bonnet a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it!!

Fitted it myself in about an hour with a hangover, fits perfectly other the having to relocate the washer jets, I put my existing ones just below my windscreen for now with a bit of sealent but I know people use MK4 items for best results.

Had nothing but good comments on my Aqua VR but I'm sure it would look equally awesome on a Red C, might be all in my head but I swear the front end feels a touch more nimble too.

I think that C's are such good looking cars that it's hard to do anything to the exterior without ruining it, CF bonnets being an exception

I was fortunate enought to have it fitted by Mike down at Performance trim. It took him about an hour to do. I also used mk4 Golf washer jets and relocated them beneath the trailing edge of the bonnet. The only issue there was having to cut some of the fibre glass of the support structure underneath. Personally I am glad Mike did that as it would not be something I'd be comfortable doing to a new bonnet. Other than that, no problems with fit or finish at all. Get one, get one, get one.......

might be all in my head but I swear the front end feels a touch more nimble too.

I reckon it is mate - the Corrado bonnet weighs a tonne!

JMC - any chance you could put some pics up of the washer jet relocation?

am in for the group buy too purely for weight loss, but pics of anyones on the car would be great

might be all in my head but I swear the front end feels a touch more nimble too.

I reckon it is mate - the Corrado bonnet weighs a tonne!

JMC - any chance you could put some pics up of the washer jet relocation?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34451&start=345

I've got one too - no complaints here either!

Washer jet holes were cut in for me by Mike - As JMC kinda mentioned - cutting up £400s worth of bonnet is a scary thing to contemplate!

Nothing but good comments on the quality and the consistent weave :)